Old Testament History

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

murraymuzz

Hey everyone, so I just watched this video, and was curious on how to refute these claims, any ideas would be great.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZY2eeozdo8[/video]

F

Foxxtale

well, it's an interesting story, and I fell for it myself a while ago. There is one major flaw with this story though: where is the proof behind it? The problem is, anything can be touted as fact. ancient tablets can be photographed and shown online as "proof", and because almost nobody today knows how to read the dead languages they are written in, it is basically impossible for us to either refute or verify. The new age movement is built upon "proof" like this.

One of the most interesting things about the bible is that it reads like a map. Events, places, times... everything can and has been independently verified by numerous people. people that go out to prove the bible wrong have been, time and again, led to the conclusion that they simply cannot refute its claims.

"After I set out to refute Christianity intellectually and couldn't, I came to the conclusion the Bible was true and Jesus Christ was God's Son."
Josh McDowell
(According to McDowell, he was an agnostic at college when he decided to prepare a paper that would examine the historical evidence of the Christian faith in order to disprove it. However, he converted to Christianity, after, as he says, he found evidence for it, not against it. He went on to write numerous books exploring whether or not the bible is accurate)

“To be honest, I didn't want to believe that Christianity could radically transform someone's character and values. It was much easier to raise doubts and manufacture outrageous objections that to consider the possibility that God actually could trigger a revolutionary turn-around in such a depraved and degenerate life.”
― Lee Strobel
(Lee Strobel went on to author "The Case for Christ", which was later turned into a movie, as well as several other books examining the claims of atheism)

I would highly recommend investigating the evidence for yourself. but don't get sucked into "proofs" that just come down to stories and ancient tablets that you can't read for yourself.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMKOUzYeZ6A[/video]

Last edited:
B

Beloved57

It is not in the Bible but their are two book referred to in the Bible called the Book of Enoch (Jude 14), and the Book of Jasher (Joshua 10:13; II Samuel 1:18). For both books mention how God always had someone who had faith in Him, and Him only, since the creation of Adam and Eve. But they also tell us that between creation til the Flood that paganism increase greatly, and almost right after the flood it happened all over again. Could only listen to a couple of minutes of the video, as it made me fill so defiled, sorry.

E

enochson

It is not in the Bible but their are two book referred to in the Bible called the Book of Enoch (Jude 14), and the Book of Jasher (Joshua 10:13; II Samuel 1:18). For both books mention how God always had someone who had faith in Him, and Him only, since the creation of Adam and Eve. But they also tell us that between creation til the Flood that paganism increase greatly, and almost right after the flood it happened all over again. Could only listen to a couple of minutes of the video, as it made me fill so defiled, sorry.
Jesus allways had and will have faith in God, if man had or hadn't what that to God? Who care about the dumbest of the old coventant I'm of the new coventant it plane to see man dooesn't know how to read it.

S

sitwatcher

All I can say about that video is "LOL". Love Our Lord :)

Mar 18, 2011
yes, there is plenty to refute this movie. First off, it claims that their is no archaeological evidence to support that they had Hebrew slaves of a large magnitude and that the story is highly fictitious. However, I've read books from archaeologists and watched documentaries, where the professor claimed the Egyptians were said to have camped with all of their chariots in a certain field while pursuing the Hebrews, he claimed it couldn't have held as many chariots as the bible claimed. The archaeologist set out to disprove the bible uncovered one stall, then low and behold found another and another in uniformity that matched the numbers claimed by the bible. Then across the water Moses was said to have crossed where the bible says the Hebrews received quail from the sky that landed and would lay there while they collected all they chose. You remember the bible said they ate them before they were fully cooked and became sick and many died. Well there is a local tribe in that area who has been around since before that time and they led the archaeologists to a place where they said the crazy men came from across the water and died in mass numbers, (forgive the vague descriptions its been a long time) but there was a cave and in the cave was writing with a language that was a mixture of Hebrew and Egyptian. I am only 6 minutes into that video that was posted but there are definitely historical flaws being stated. It definitely makes me question the rest.. oh and those quail that fell from the sky? to this day we know now that there is an annual migration of quail that DO fly over the ocean to that stretch of land and to this day they are so exhausted that for a few days you can walk over and pick up as many as you want. Now that's an interesting fact!

Last edited: