Old vs New

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Moe

I believe that to many Christians get mixed up by going to the old testament when in fact they should stick with the new. Jesus teaches us that we can not mix the new with the old. One can gain salvation with the new testament only and defend one's faith by the new testament.

It's when one starts going between the two that confusion sets in, and of course the devil really enjoys it when this happens. Now please, I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, however, we need to know how to use His word properly.

Example; The Sabbath was never give to the Gentile. It was given to the Jews only.Now interestingly, When Jesus appeared after His resurrection, each time it was on the first day of the week, which is Sunday. Just a little food for thought. Out of the 23 sins mentioned in the new testament, not one mentions the Sabbath.

S

shirley

I AGREE SOMETIMES I READ THE OLD TESTAMENT I LIKE SOME OF THE CHARACTERS AND STORIES AND THE NEW TESTAMENT IS I LOVE TO READ I LIKE THE WHOLE BIBLE THE WORD IS ALIVE N LIVING AMEN

O

OFM

L OF IT IS GODS WORD IT CAN ALL FOR THE MOST PART APPLY TO US 2 2DAY SPIRITUALLY AS WELL.

O

OFM

All
spelling error above

B

basschick

The Old Testament is needed for the New Testament to make sense. Without the Old Testament we wouldn't understand the need for or purpose of Christ or who He is, It explains the fall of man and why we need to have our sins atoned for, It tells how the way for the coming of Christ was paved, the history of God's people and how He constantly provides for and protects and loves them, and SO much more!
The New Testament is the summation of the Old Testament- just because we are no longer held under the covenant of the Old Testament doesn't make it any less significant.

O

OFM

i totally fully agree The New Testament is the New Wine the New and Better Covanent for Us...

M

Miri

I agree that we need the Old Test to understand the New Test and to understand God's plan of redemption and dealings with mankind.
I remember a saying that the Old is in the New revealed and the New is in the Old concealed.

O

OFM

yes it sure is but it is 4 sure in thier.