Omniscient Planner

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NetChaplain

Nov 21, 2018
It’s not like when Adam and Eve sinned God had to go to a plan B. Was it not part of His plan? Isn’t He omniscient and knew what they would do? How would they have ever known what good and evil is apart from experiencing the sin? It’s my belief that He wanted us to be like Him in knowing what good and evil is. Wasn’t it when they sinned that they could now know what good and evil was (Gen 3:22)? Could it be that since God knew what they would do, there must be a good reason why He allowed it!

It’s my conjecture that, after knowing what evil is, they could know what God’s holiness is; and I don’t think they would ever have known otherwise. They knew what right and wrong were via His command (Gen 2:16, 3:11, 17), but were oblivious to the meaning and understanding of good and evil. Surely knowing good and evil is a far greater knowledge than just knowing right and wrong. I believe He allows us to endure our evil nature in order that we would understand the need for the indwelling of His blessed Son! I also believe God’s intention is to be in us, not just with us; and you can’t get any closer that that!
NC

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Very good explanation, I also think along the same lines and to add:

God doesn’t like robots but free-willed creatures to follow Him and appreciate him. Appreciation is learned through growth.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Very good explanation, I also think along the same lines and to add:

God doesn’t like robots but free-willed creatures to follow Him and appreciate him. Appreciation is learned through growth.
I have always said God treasures a willing child not a controlled one. Also it is the willing he uses not the strong or wise or experienced he only needs a open willing heart and they will see and know the wonders of our Lord.

Oct 16, 2023
I think it’s also like we are from Him, and He wants us to know Him, so we had to go through all these experiences to even glimpse the pain He’s been through to know how He feels. He wants every heart back to Him, every knee will bow, but He doesn’t want unwilling hearts, no one wants fake friends. And yo, if heaven is the after party, no stank attitudes towards any neighbors for anything, that’s why we gotta get right and love everyone. Do you know how many locked doors I see at churches or fancy churches that don’t welcome the poor and needy? Tangent, sorry lol good thread!