On the road again... Arroyo Grande, CA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2011
Tonight we are in Arroyo Grande, which is not to far from San Luis Obispo on the central coast of California. The air smells crisp, and there is the faintest hint of salt in the air.

We did two shows in Whittier this morning, then I drove one of two vehicles down Highway 101 to arrive here in Arroyo Grande. I got to see the Hollywood sign on this particular leg of the trip, so I am well pleased. All in all, it was a breathtaking drive! And I am being literal, as many sections of the road are along steep cliffs, and I am quite afraid of heights. I wish I could appreciate the views more as I drive, but it just makes me dizzy. I can only enjoy scenic vistas when I am a passenger, it seems.

Knowing that this is the last night in a hotel until this upcoming Sunday is nice. I am sorely in need of alone time! The young folks I work with are a tiresome bunch. They are seemingly never pleased with anything. There is a small "faction" that is unhappy with the choices in hotels made by the Stage Manager. There have been a couple in "iffy" neighborhoods, but overall I haven't had much issue with the locations. Then again, I am pretty laid-back in comparison to these highly-strung whippersnappers! (Get off my lawn!) One girl, who clearly didn't understand the ramifications of what she was proposing, made this statement in reference to the location of our last hotel:
"I hope one of us gets mugged so he (the stage manager) will take me seriously about how much I hate this location."
Really? You hope one of us gets mugged? :confused: That is in extremely poor taste.

Sigh.

I hope the shows go well tomorrow and we have a pleasant journey back to Northern California!