On the verge of cutting again.. Help..?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

asd101

Cutting?, please remember that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, if you are saved the Holy Spirit lives in you, Never feel so depressed or down as to not know that God is right beside you, pray for Him to captivate your thoughts and lead you into the way everlasting!!! To please Him!!!... You aren't living for yourself, you are living for Him, when you think of something like that or somehow comes to mind, please remember that your body is a gift from God, it is meant to be kept pure and Holy, dwelt by the Holy Spirit!!! don't desecrate it, it really does displease God!!!

1 Corinthians 6:20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

A

asd101

God craetd you perfect he way you are and wouldn't have you any other way... When you alter yourself, or cut , you are displeasing, degrading His creating of you the way He did, in the way that you were meant to be... For His Holy purpose, you dishonor Him when you cut!! When you are thinking of something like that, call out to Jesus and He will give you strength, and all else that you may need!!!

If you are looking for a stop, I find the best way is through prayer and supplication!!!Give your heart and your mind fully to Him, ask Him to fill you up with Godliness!!! Hope this helps!!!

I've never really talked to anyone who has had a problem with cutting themselves, but whatever displeases God is everything else that does please Him, and I do so happen to know how to defeat it all!!! If you need more help, or someone to talk to about it, please feel free to pm me!! :p...

Last edited:
A

allofus

Thank you. your advice and encouraging words are helping a lot. just to know that someone cares enough to want to help is just unreal to me.. thank you

W

wwjd_kilden

If you cut for the pain, try holding an ice cube in your hand. It will hurt a LOT, but it won't harm you (unless you do it enough to cause frostbite, but I doubt one ice cube could do that).

And as the others said, God made you: You are his creation. He loves you.

He planned you before you were born
He know your thoughts and feelings
He has good plans for you
He loves you
He does not want you to worry

^All in the bible

A

allofus

If you cut for the pain, try holding an ice cube in your hand. It will hurt a LOT, but it won't harm you (unless you do it enough to cause frostbite, but I doubt one ice cube could do that).

And as the others said, God made you: You are his creation. He loves you.

He planned you before you were born
He know your thoughts and feelings
He has good plans for you
He loves you
He does not want you to worry

^All in the bible
I have held an ice cube.. it just doesnt work for me anymore... and i guess... i just dont know anymore

D

dysypl

Father God I pray that Allofus realizes that she is never alone, That you are with us always. Your love as a father and good shepard will guide the true believer through the tests and problems that she encounters. amen

A

allofus

thank you so much! it means a lot

Y

Younique

Hey AllOfUs,

I can't say that I know how you feel, but I can say that God loves you too much to want you to continue to hurt yourself.
He has a lot of plans for you. I don't know why you feel so unworthy, but in all fact, none of us are worthy. We've all done something, and maybe even still do some things that are not becoming of who God first intended us to be. But he knows the way we are is not our fault as we did not ask for an unbalanced life. No matter what it is that makes you feel the way you do when you talk about your son or when you think about your life and what your life means to you in the condition that you and your life is in, remember that God loves you no matter the circumstances and that hurting yourself not only makes it worse on your own better living, but that you are indeed sinning against him during the process. There are many people out here who have done some of the unthinkable.. and some would say that they don;t deserve anything good, but God says that no matter what, he is there for you. Go to him. Read your bible. Pray to him for the strength to make it through each day and to learn how to better your situatuions with his help. Take a leap of faith and get to know him better this week, give him as much time as you can in prayer and seeking his guidance, andi f you come to him with an open and learning heart, he will teach you and repair your life for now and for the future.let this be day 1. :)