Once saved always saved (OSAS) debunked

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2015
What is the basis upon which God forgives sin?
Repentance and confessing the sin to Him.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

JPT

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Repentance and confessing the sin to Him.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

JPT
I appreciate you taking the time to answer. But you stopped reading too soon. Forgiveness isn't based on confession. If that were the case, we have no need of a Savior. We can merely confess.
If you read into chapter 2, you will see that God is faithful and JUST to forgive us because we have an advocate who is the propitiation for our sins. In other words, Jesus satisfied God's wrath over our sins on our behalf on the cross. Thus, our sins are forgiven because they are paid for and not because we confess them. The justice of God has been satisfied and He is faithful and JUST when He forgives us.
If this were not the case, we would all die and go to hell because we all have unconfessed sin.

Sep 28, 2023
If they choose not to confess they sin and be cleansed, then they will have suffer the consequences of their sin.

Which is... they'll go to hell since they turned away from the Lord to go live for sin.

They have forsaken the Lord for sin... those doing this are not going to Heaven as the OSAS peoples falsely claim that they learned from false teachers such as Gnarly Charlie Stanley and others like him.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
Please post a list of sins that you claim are “temporal” (whatever that means) such as lying, stealing, adultery, coveting, idolatry, and so forth.

We would like to see what sins you believe are “temporal”.

Here are a few sins that we see will send the violator to the lake of fire:

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8

JPT
First, each of the above represents the symbolic spiritual attributes manifested in those who's Saviour is not Christ, they are not the attributes from carnal sin. Nevertheless, if and when they become saved, all sins, including those, will have been forgiven, otherwise not.
I've been trying to be patient and accommodating to you to explain this because I thought it very important for you to understand and central to the Gospel's message, but apparently, by asking the same question repeatedly, you've demonstrated that either you are unable or unwilling to comprehend it, or that you don't believe sinning directly against Christ Himself, God's Annointed, has any special significance. But, if you think that I am going to go through and list all carnal (temporal) laws and their sin, then you've been smoking something that you shouldn't have been. Should you want to know what they all are, I suggest that you exercise due diligence, go through the Bible and search them out for yourself, because there's no way that I'm going to do it for you - I am not your flunky to be assigned tasks by you at your good pleasure. To simplify that effort for you however - and this is the last time that I will say this - the sins of eternal consequence (if left unforgiven), are those that violate the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (violations against Christ Himself as sole Saviour, by which, is God's grace transgressed). All of the other sins are carnal (temporal) sins. The distinction between the two just can't be made any it any plainer than that. Believe me when I tell you that it would behoove you immensely should you be able to take that to heart - but it is not given to everyone to be able do so.
This is the last time I will reply to you on this particular subject.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes, you are correct, from conception. And thank you for the correction.
You are welcome! How very gracious of you to accept correction. While we are on the topic of conception, may I ask you a question regarding "seed of a woman"? I am not sure if we have spoken of this before or not (I know the subject itself has been bandied about a bit, I just do not recall your take on it). When this phrase is introduced in Genesis after Adam and Eve sin, obviously referring to Jesus, I take it to mean that Mary's seed (her ovum) was used and not that Jesus was implanted into her womb. Bit of a tangent I know LOL. This topic of why people sin to me always comes back to the fact that the natural man requires a spiritual circumcision in order to love God due to his inherent inclination toward hostility toward His Maker (by nature children of wrath). I see this point being left out of discussions often.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
You are welcome! How very gracious of you to accept correction. While we are on the topic of conception, may I ask you a question regarding "seed of a woman"? I am not sure if we have spoken of this before or not (I know the subject itself has been bandied about a bit, I just do not recall your take on it). When this phrase is introduced in Genesis after Adam and Eve sin, obviously referring to Jesus, I take it to mean that Mary's seed (her ovum) was used and not that Jesus was implanted into her womb. Bit of a tangent I know LOL. This topic of why people sin to me always comes back to the fact that the natural man requires a spiritual circumcision in order to love God due to his inherent inclination toward hostility toward His Maker (by nature children of wrath). I see this point being left out of discussions often.
Sorry, I don't recall this discussion. However, after searching the Bible I did not find a reference to "seed of a woman". Can you
please provide the verse(s) you that have in mind? Thank you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sorry, I don't recall this discussion. However, after searching the Bible I did not find a reference
to "seed of a woman". Can you please provide the verse(s) you that have in mind? Thank you.
My initial search brings this up: Jesus is called the "seed of David" at Romans 1:3, and the whole nation of Israel is referred to as the "seed of Jacob" at Jeremiah 33:26. For Jesus to be called the "seed of the woman", therefore, is interpreted to mean that he will have no earthly father. The idea is found in Genesis 3:15 ~ And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Sorry, the phrase "seed of a woman" is not used but it is obviously referring to that, and I did not mean to say we had spoken of it before, just that the topic has come up and IF we had spoken of it I don't recall your take on it .:D

So my question was just attempting to ascertain your take on it: was Mary's ovum used?
I ask because some people believe Jesus was fully implanted into Mary's womb.

rogerg

Jul 13, 2021
So my question was just attempting to ascertain your take on it: was Mary's ovum used?
I ask because some people believe Jesus was fully implanted into Mary's womb.
For what it's worth, I believe that Mary's ovum was used but that the Holy Spirit came upon her (non-sexually of course).
I believe that it was so, in order that Jesus be both of man and of God - the kinsman redeemer.
What do you think?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For what it's worth, I believe that Mary's ovum was used but that the Holy Spirit came upon her (non-sexually of course).
I believe that it was so, in order that Jesus be both of man and of God - the kinsman redeemer.
What do you think?
I agree. I find the idea of Jesus being fully implanted into Mary's womb to be bizarre .:oops::unsure::giggle::geek: