Once saved always saved ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jj408

Once you get saved does that mean your always saved ? I ask myself sometimes like Am i evil or do I belong to god or will I even go to heaven.Then on top of that I get these thoughts that tell me why be gods slave.Its really crazy.I don't know how to deal with this.I get shots from all angles ? If I got saved at a young age then walked away.Then came back and started giving effort.Like not doing what I used to do.going to church 3 or 4days a week.Not listening to degrading music.Praying to god.Getting on my knees crying out for help.I did all this at one point.Does this mean that god was working inside of me at one point ?

T

Tumnus

My short answer, jj408, is yes, once saved, always saved. One of the Scriptures to support this-Romans 8:38-39:"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, nether the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separateus from the love of God that is Christ Jesus our Lord." Now, how do we know we are saved? Of course John 3:16. I also cite Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Are you a member of solid, biblically- based church? Is there a youth pastor you can speak to or perhaps even the pastor?

J

jj408

yes i'm the member of a church

D

dmdave17

Once you get saved does that mean your always saved ? I ask myself sometimes like Am i evil or do I belong to god or will I even go to heaven.Then on top of that I get these thoughts that tell me why be gods slave.Its really crazy.I don't know how to deal with this.I get shots from all angles ? If I got saved at a young age then walked away.Then came back and started giving effort.Like not doing what I used to do.going to church 3 or 4days a week.Not listening to degrading music.Praying to god.Getting on my knees crying out for help.I did all this at one point.Does this mean that god was working inside of me at one point ?
Dear jj408,

God is working inside us all the time. The variable factor is how we respond to His work. You are going through a time in your life when it is "normal" to feel confused and conflicted. It is natural to question things that you have been told all your life, and strive to reach your own understanding. Salvation is a free gift, offered by God, through the blood of Jesus Christ. There is nothing we can do to "earn" it. Therefore, once saved, always saved. If you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, your salvation was written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

But, like most Christians, you continue to struggle with sin. The devil doesn't give up, and he is constantly trying to lead people away from the faith. Just stand strong. You will get through this "phase" of your life and your faith will probably be strengthened by these trials. Keep in mind the saying on the old bumper sticker, "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.".

God bless you.

J

jj408

Thank you and I like that Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.".

T

Tumnus

Dear jj408,

God is working inside us all the time. The variable factor is how we respond to His work. You are going through a time in your life when it is "normal" to feel confused and conflicted. It is natural to question things that you have been told all your life, and strive to reach your own understanding. Salvation is a free gift, offered by God, through the blood of Jesus Christ. There is nothing we can do to "earn" it. Therefore, once saved, always saved. If you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior, your salvation was written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

But, like most Christians, you continue to struggle with sin. The devil doesn't give up, and he is constantly trying to lead people away from the faith. Just stand strong. You will get through this "phase" of your life and your faith will probably be strengthened by these trials. Keep in mind the saying on the old bumper sticker, "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven.".

God bless you.
Amen and amen, dmdave17!

F

francina

mms://media10.cqservers.com/evangelicaloutreach.org/TodaysGospel.mp3
I use VLC media player, this is mms & I dont know if windows media player can play this. Just so you know, I have read the bible multiple times & this doctrine of always saved, is not held up by scripture.

Dec 19, 2009
I don’t think it’s a matter of being saved or not. If you are living righteously, you will have bliss. If you are not living righteously, you will suffer. This will be true all throughout eternity. I think this is what the Lord is telling us here:

[17] "Yet your people say, `The way of the Lord is not just'; when it is their own way that is not just.
[18] When the righteous turns from his righteousness, and commits iniquity, he shall die for it.
[19] And when the wicked turns from his wickedness, and does what is lawful and right, he shall live by it.
[20] Yet you say, `The way of the Lord is not just.' O house of Israel, I will judge each of you according to his ways." Ezekiel 33:17-20 RSV