One important question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gobigblue

I know the lord has forgiven me of my sins. How do I forgive myself?

R

rauleetoe

Bro..i am in the same boat..what i am doing..is doing what I can to realize what has happened..what's been done..be ok with possible repercussions(I pray there won't be) Just been asking for God's help..it comes in waves man. For a few weeks i felt like a million bucks..i really felt forgiven..lately though, i feel it..i feel sad, i am angry with myself..regret..mulling it over in my mind..what atually happened, what could be done in a future instance to prevent this from happening again, why did it happen,what lead me to this choice or lack thereof..what was i thinking?(where was my heart/mind at that moment of this action/inaction) etc etc. one thing is for sure bro, I cannot go back and undo it..(how i wish i could bro..i do truly wish i had a time machine) What i can do is pray that God can use this, even this! For something good..for my betterment..to make beautifull music out of this hot mess that is Rauleetoe's life..that he can do it..somehow..and..if he can..then all is not lost. I think it takes time..what i have been doing is just being mindfull of God..knowing he forgives/forgave..it may take some time for my mind to line up with what the Word says about that..but yea, i hope that helps. We gotta forgive ourself in faith..sometimes your feelings line up..eventually, in time..don't expect instant results. Try to relax, know God is at work..i truly hope i helped somewhat man.

From a dude named Raul..who is going through a similar journey..and knows how you feel, yet is working through it and does not have it all figured out yet!

Last edited:
C

Chanson

If God forgave you already, I think it means you deserve forgiveness...

Don't be hard to yourselves...

And you can still ask God to help you to forgive yourselves...

Mar 18, 2011
Don't be a fixed creature, be a new one.

D

DeepakHumble1000

Just put a Jigsaw clear picture of wellness u need the best picture or a video n then keeping that visuals proclaim promise of Gods word regularly till its done.Same way put ur forgiveness n redeemed n blessed pic in ur heart n procliam self forgiveness n its done.Yes keep learning,updating word of God of Bible as per need in Jesus name.

X

xino

I have this Christian guidance book called:
Everyday with Jesus | For New Christians
it has many advices and notes about living a good christian life, what to do and how to worship god. It's not just another man made book but when it says something and gives advice, it provides a prayer and bible scripture reference.

There is one page that talks about Forgive Yourself, so I'll post the things it says to help you.

Romans 8:33 - 34 and 38.
John chapter 1, Proverbs 18:14, Ephesians 1:6, Colossians 2:10

Prayer= I thank you Lord,that you have forgiven me all my sin. Help me now to forgive myself, and to lay down my injured pride at Your feet. Amen.

You really need to forgive yourself and Jesus/God has forgiven you, or it would feel like you don't want to accept it.

I'm so glad Jesus forgave my sins and addiction, everytime I look back I say: "I can't believe I was doing this and I did that...:(" and I feel so glad and grateful that God forgave my sins.