Have you ever treated life like it was your final day of living? Did you ever try to share the love you bear inside of your heart and spread it to other people? That is what I am going to strive to do. Just so I don't hog all of this love in my heart for my future husband, I am going to selflessly give it to other people. That is the type of heart us Christians need to strive to have. That's what Jesus did. He had so much love inside of Him, He didn't hog it all up for himself and allow pride to grow in His heart. He shared His love and healing with others. We need to show the power of Christ through our actions...not just our words or posts we share on Facebook. They need to be SHOWN. Nobody does that anymore. Some people believe their ministry relies on what their Facebook status is for that day that they share to their Christian friends on Facebook. Maybe those words you posted on Facebook need to be shared with a coworker at your work or a kid who sits by themselves at a lunch table in school. We have to start spreading His love all over His creation.
I feel like I have taken life as a disadvantage. I abuse life way too much and I never live as if today were my last. My mother and father have been telling me this phrase so many times that it's been pounded in my head far enough that it's engraved on my heart. We have to love as a body of Christ. Nobody does this anymore. They just sit behind their tiny little phone screens hoping the whole world will just leave them alone while they stare at a video of a cat being a cat...or something else that they dare not share with their family, friends or preacher...the little sins that they keep buried up inside of them create a huge barrier between them and witnessing the truth to this broken world.
What happened to us Christians? Will we ever begin to learn how to get off of social media and start being God's social media? No, I'm not saying God has a Facebook...but what I will tell you is that God has a book that will get you into heaven and will your face be in His book? We have to be social to the public and be God's media to this broken world. We have to carry a light into this broken world because there is nothing that can take this world out of darkness except for God's flashlights. We are God's flashlights.
What would we do if Jesus came back? Would we just go home and put on our fake masks and shout holy holy holy as Jesus passed us by? No, if Jesus came back, we would be in our own selfish little pit of selfishness and He would call us by name. He would take us by the hand and call us to be disciples, just as He did with His disciples in the Bible.
Are YOU willing to be a disciple?
I feel like I have taken life as a disadvantage. I abuse life way too much and I never live as if today were my last. My mother and father have been telling me this phrase so many times that it's been pounded in my head far enough that it's engraved on my heart. We have to love as a body of Christ. Nobody does this anymore. They just sit behind their tiny little phone screens hoping the whole world will just leave them alone while they stare at a video of a cat being a cat...or something else that they dare not share with their family, friends or preacher...the little sins that they keep buried up inside of them create a huge barrier between them and witnessing the truth to this broken world.
What happened to us Christians? Will we ever begin to learn how to get off of social media and start being God's social media? No, I'm not saying God has a Facebook...but what I will tell you is that God has a book that will get you into heaven and will your face be in His book? We have to be social to the public and be God's media to this broken world. We have to carry a light into this broken world because there is nothing that can take this world out of darkness except for God's flashlights. We are God's flashlights.
What would we do if Jesus came back? Would we just go home and put on our fake masks and shout holy holy holy as Jesus passed us by? No, if Jesus came back, we would be in our own selfish little pit of selfishness and He would call us by name. He would take us by the hand and call us to be disciples, just as He did with His disciples in the Bible.
Are YOU willing to be a disciple?