One Thing Bothering Me About This Jet Being Shot Down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
............is all the talking heads on TV falling all over themselves to condemn Putin and Russia, saying they have blood on their hands, and they are responsible for the jet being shot down, and they must suffer the consequences.

Their reasoning is that Putin/Russia gave the missiles to the rebel seperatists............ok..............but............

IF that is the STANDARD by which we judge who is guilty............then is not the USA guilty of any deaths in Gaza from the attack by the army from Israel? After all, the USA gave weapons to Israel..............

Now, IF Russian Military personnel targeted, and fired the missile that took down that jet..............YES.............they are guilty...........but if the standard is that Russia gave the weapons to them..........well.............goodness..........there are a whole lot of Nations that are going to have a whole lot to answer for........starting with US...........

B

biscuit

............is all the talking heads on TV falling all over themselves to condemn Putin and Russia, saying they have blood on their hands, and they are responsible for the jet being shot down, and they must suffer the consequences.

Their reasoning is that Putin/Russia gave the missiles to the rebel seperatists............ok..............but............

IF that is the STANDARD by which we judge who is guilty............then is not the USA guilty of any deaths in Gaza from the attack by the army from Israel? After all, the USA gave weapons to Israel..............

Now, IF Russian Military personnel targeted, and fired the missile that took down that jet..............YES.............they are guilty...........but if the standard is that Russia gave the weapons to them..........well.............goodness..........there are a whole lot of Nations that are going to have a whole lot to answer for........starting with US...........
It's the old "double standard game." The good guys can get away with it and the bad guys can't.

Nov 30, 2012

Realize that there were Russian Military Intelligence Agents that have been placed with the insurgents. It is a horrible tragedy that can be traced back to Putin's Soviet style foreign policy. Now, is Russia directly to blame. No. But it would be nice if Putin honestly stood up and apologized instead of the, "We aren't doing anything..." ploy. It didn't work when I was five years old doing what I shouldn't with friends, it's not going to work with a leader of the world.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
You know we have Intelligence agents all over the Middle East right? Like I said..........IF they have direct responsibility, then by all means...........demand Russia apologize and make restitution.........but let's not have the pot calling the kettle black......

R

RachelBibleStudent

the separatist militias in ukraine are actually run by russian agents...their military commander and 'defense minister' igor 'strelkov' girkin is from the russian FSB...another one of their high profile commanders igor bezler is from the russian GRU...and the 'prime minister' of the separatist 'donetsk people's republic' is also from russia...also many of their fighters are loyal russian citizens from chechnya or ossetia...

let's be fully honest...these aren't just 'grassroots' militias being manipulated or steered by russian intelligence agencies...these militias -are- russian intelligence...

Dec 18, 2013

Well Hamas still be at fault in Gaza since they are the aggressors in the war and started it. Thus their own blood be upon their own heads.

Though you could make a case that because America gives all these weapons to the jihadists that we are responsible for much bloodshed all throughout the Middle East, and even responsible for arming and training and funding the very same jihadists that constantly backstab us. Yes geo-politics is quite a contorted mess.

As far as the Russia situation, all the West will do is cry and whine and do relatively nothing about it. This is not new.

Last edited:

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

really? I'm surprised by the elephant. One question. Did the commercial passenger jet turn it's missles on the separatists?
(Head still shaking, let me reread your post before I hit the 'post reply button').
We have nothing to apologize for giving weapons to Israel unless they use them to deliberately and indescriminately go after innocent peoples.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Crossednoted....................haven't watched the news today, but when I posted this thread, there was NO conclusive proof/evidence that the Russian Government or Putin had anything to do with the rebels shooting down the plane.......Now, as I stated in the OP.........had you actually read it as you alluded to...........(just learned that word.......alluded.........), then you would see that I placed a "disclaimer" in the OP........

But thankye anyhoo...............and I agree we have nothing to apologize for concerning Israel..........but THE STANDARD set by the talking heads would suggest otherwise............

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
FYI.............isn't the body count of innocent people in Gaza about 300 right now? Kinda blows you theory up in mid-flight so to speak.......... :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
FYI.............isn't the body count of innocent people in Gaza about 300 right now? Kinda blows you theory up in mid-flight so to speak.......... :)
About the same count as the airliner.

My theory, as you say, assumes that the airliner did not attack the separatists, whereas Hamas did attack Israel after Israel bent over backwards to prevent bloodshed.

THEREFORE-

The blood of the innocent Palestinians is on Hamas.

...your serve.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2013
Just think...the U.S. has armed and trained the entire Middle East in some form or fashion......so who will be guilty when the weapons are used on Israel?

J

jkalyna

Just think...the U.S. has armed and trained the entire Middle East in some form or fashion......so who will be guilty when the weapons are used on Israel?
*The devil

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013

Good question........reminds me of that old saying.......Oh what a terrible tangled web we weave...........