One way Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thimsrebma

Okay, so I have this "friend" who is in love with this guy. She is a woman of God and he is a Godly man but just doesnt seem to be interested in her. I can't seem to convince her to move on and forget about it. She wants to but cannot get him out of her head. I feel so sorry for her because she is so in love with him and is devistated that he doesn't want her back. This has been the first time she has ever been rejected/ignored by a man and she is a mess about it.

She has been praying about this on a regular basis. Still the feelings just won't go away and it has been about 3 years. Could you please give me any advice to share with her so that her heart can be mended.

T

thimsrebma

I'm surprised that no one has any advice at all.

C

Crazy4GODword

wait and see and see how God will work friend and it might be a wonder in your eyes

S

Sweetheart1987

That's rather sad. Well,I would say keep praying about it of course. Ask God is this the man for me or not? If so,then where do I go next,and if not, Lord you find a way and show me how to get over him. If a man ignores and rejects a woman,then it truly is his loss. In a sense he doesn't deserve her. No one,man or woman,should ever have to chase after someone,throw them self out there at them,or anything else for that matter. I would just back off,and they would eventually realize how much they miss that friend. Maybe even realize they too have feelings. If not,then at least they would ask ''hey,why don't we talk and hang out as much anymore?" then she can tell him. However I'm by no means an expert on this matter. Just a thought. God bless.

N

NukePooch

I'm sorry to say that you can't convince anyone of anything. The best I believe you can do is be there in support of your friend. What often happens is that the friend will suddenly get the new/great idea that 'it's time to move on...' and want to tell you how they came to that decision because they heard something from someone else. Your job, as a good friend, will then be to do your best to not choke her and yell about how you've been telling her that for years and why didn't you listen???

You're planting seeds, but it's totally up to God when/if those idea seeds will grow into actions.

S

styler

can you be more specific as to what he is doing that she feels are signs that he is interested?

T

thimsrebma

can you be more specific as to what he is doing that she feels are signs that he is interested?
He is not doing much to show that he is interested thats why she thinks that he is not, but she still likes him.

H

hotfudge

:D That happens really. The lesson I learned from stuff like that: When God gives a message He does give it to both parties. Your friend can be so in-love with the guy but it is not God's will that she gets hurt and devastated all the time because what God wants for His people is sound mind, hope, future.

Dad said: If he doesn't like you, let go.
But it's dad, her dad may, as well, have some piece of practical advice for her :) God bless you and your friend abundantly.

E

eric135

Okay, so I have this "friend" who is in love with this guy. She is a woman of God and he is a Godly man but just doesnt seem to be interested in her. I can't seem to convince her to move on and forget about it. She wants to but cannot get him out of her head. I feel so sorry for her because she is so in love with him and is devistated that he doesn't want her back. This has been the first time she has ever been rejected/ignored by a man and she is a mess about it.

She has been praying about this on a regular basis. Still the feelings just won't go away and it has been about 3 years. Could you please give me any advice to share with her so that her heart can be mended.
Need more details on it. How many times has she talked to him? Have they went out on a date? If he doesn't seem interested after talking to her for a while, there's nothing much she can do aside from move on, as hard as that may be. I'm sure there are people she doesn't find attractive either, and it just so happens he doesn't find her attractive. Everyone has different likes and dislikes, and that's part of the fun of finding someone to share your life with.

Last edited:
D

Dread_Zeppelin

What steps is she taking (besides praying) to allow her heart to heal? If shes still seeing and talking to this guy she'll never get over it. Distance and lack of communication is a HUGE factor in getting over someone. She should also be trying to ask herself "What did I love so much about this guy?" and try to find it in someone else. Honestly it's not fair to this guy, and to her, and really anyone else she's dating to put this guy on such a high priority that she can't get over him after 3 years! That sounds like a girl who doesn't want to let go...and in that case, good luck.

T

thimsrebma

One of the problems is they work together. So she has to see him on a regular basis.