online frustrations

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 9, 2007
you know everyone is wondering who you had in mind when you asked this question :p

keep in mind to that sometimes a guy can be misunderstood as a player just because he's playful, zan thinks all women up in hur should be madly in Love wid him *snickers*

Just be a sister in Christ Julls :) guard your heart be careful and wise, but mostly just be yourself and trust God, stay in prayer. God can use many ways to accomplish his will. Even something as ..... er um eharmoney (pains me just to say it) Give God your pen to write your love story, He is faithful. Be in community and Don't force it or take it in your own hands. Love ya sis back to work

J

Jullianna

LOL zander :) Let them wonder. ;)

I can't really say that I'm actually looking anyway. I'm open to a relationship with someone, but I will never go looking for one. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I can't see myself doing the eharmony thing either. :)

Feb 9, 2007
well the eharmony thing, mum says if ya aint got nuttin good to say, don't say nuttin at all. It's not about compatibility or some program parameters that know your future. God is already there and he knows what's best. Focusing on that relationship develops sensitivity to the Spirit. Rebekah went out to do her chores and the next thing she knew she was on her way to a wedding and the future God had chosen :) Any way you heard me say all this stuff already.

*pokes* Julls soo.......? you can tell zander :) *wink* *snickers*

J

Jullianna

If God sends me out to water camels, I'll try to pay attention :D

And..nice try, but I ain't tellin' :)

Feb 9, 2007
he does send you out to water camels, they represent w.e it is that God give us to do for each day. In other words she was out doing what God called her to do for that day, her needs were provided for in her daily being faithful :)

you can tell zan *wink* you know ya wanna :p

L

love7

I think it is definitely easier to misunderstand people's intentions online especially when it's text only. A lot of the conversation is lost when the vocal inflection and body language is missing. I think it's fair to say that this site (just like any other) gets its share of players who thrive on the attention of the opposite gender without considering the damage they are doing. Likewise we have tons of people who are naturally outgoing who may unintentionally give off the "I'm interested" vibe.

I think some people may be legitimately interested, then get a case of cold feet as they begin to think about their shortcomings in life and past failings that they know they would be morally obligated to reveal if the friendship were to progress any farther. They end up deciding to let it go rather than risk the hurt of being rejected over a past that cannot be undone.

Trust me Jullianna, if this confusion makes you a nutjob, then a lot of us are going to be joining you in the funny farm. I've been in the same boat a couple of times thinking someone might be interested, and then thinking maybe they were just being friendly because I see them interacting with a lot of people in the same fashion. Maybe we just need to work on our mind reading skills. :D

Firstly thank you all for this conversation,i was going through the same thing.yal have given me a good perspective!love it!

L

love7

you know everyone is wondering who you had in mind when you asked this question :p

keep in mind to that sometimes a guy can be misunderstood as a player just because he's playful, zan thinks all women up in hur should be madly in Love wid him *snickers*

Just be a sister in Christ Julls :) guard your heart be careful and wise, but mostly just be yourself and trust God, stay in prayer. God can use many ways to accomplish his will. Even something as ..... er um eharmoney (pains me just to say it) Give God your pen to write your love story, He is faithful. Be in community and Don't force it or take it in your own hands. Love ya sis back to work
Totally agree.Leave it in GODS hands and...."seek first the kingdom of GOD and all things shall follow"

S

See_KING_Truth

See_KING_Truth, I like your avatar. ^_^

and I have nothing to say at the moment on this subject....I just wanted to comment on his avatar. lol
Thanks Cat, I like yours too :D

and I have nothing more to say at the moment on this subject lol

Oct 20, 2011
Biggest problem with the online thing is this....

Kid in a candy store syndrom.

Regardless of whether someone replies or not is irrelavent. Whats' relavent are all these tons of new faces that you can say hi to. Always saying hi never getting to know one person. Everyone caught up doing the same thing. never giving one person the time and attention to get to know them. It's kinda based on the instant gratification society we live in I think. Anyway it's just an opinion.

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
People like wearing masks, & the computer can be used as a very big mask & costume, or burglar costume.... strangers.

J

Jullianna

he does send you out to water camels, they represent w.e it is that God give us to do for each day. In other words she was out doing what God called her to do for that day, her needs were provided for in her daily being faithful :)

you can tell zan *wink* you know ya wanna :p
Seems like we are saying the same thing. :p Don't go looking. Don't force anything. Go about the Father's business and the days we've been given and know that He has it under control. :)

I have a lot of questions that fly through my mind from time to time, especially why guys behave as they do. I'm glad we have this forum to help us clear those things up, especially from a christian perspective, without going to one of those meat market dating sites. :) *shivers at the thought*

No camels around here. I did pass a llama in a pasture the other day tho ;) hmmm...

J

Jullianna

People like wearing masks, & the computer can be used as a very big mask & costume, or burglar costume.... strangers.
When I read this, it made me think about something else. Some of us are actually hiding here in a way. I know I am in my own way. Some of us are recovering from situations in our lives...healing..growing...learning.

I feel that I can come here and talk with other christian people who are going through so many of the same things and we can learn together. I could join the rest of the world in the bars, etc, and probably have a new bf by the end of the night, but that would teach me things I don't want to learn, wouldn't it? :) So I have sort of bowed out of the dating scene for a time and choose to spend time with other christian singles here for now. I was out there and I didn't care for much of what I saw...

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
When I read this, it made me think about something else. Some of us are actually hiding here in a way. I know I am in my own way. Some of us are recovering from situations in our lives...healing..growing...learning.

I feel that I can come here and talk with other christian people who are going through so many of the same things and we can learn together. I could join the rest of the world in the bars, etc, and probably have a new bf by the end of the night, but that would teach me things I don't want to learn, wouldn't it? :) So I have sort of bowed out of the dating scene for a time and choose to spend time with other christian singles here for now. I was out there and I didn't care for much of what I saw...
I can relate. I live in an area where its known for crime & indecency, sadly. Aside from that I'm very introvert & don't like crowds. Many seem appalled that I don't drink, even my family asks me to join.

CC is the place that relaxes me most.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
A lot of guys who women find attractive are not the type to stay loyal to one lady. I know that is a bold statement but its often true. When some guys find that women are attracted to them they become like a kid in a candy store (can't have just one and ignore all the others). I don't think its the the same with women who find that men are attracted to them. They often end up disliking men in general because of the way men come on to them.
Yep. Bad boys have plenty of women and nice guys come off as clingy or boring. Not much middle ground these days. Personally I'm rather stubborn, so I'm going to be plenty boring for my next woman. And after she breaks up with me and I move on to the next woman I'll be plenty boring for her too until I'm so old the only kind of people who will date me will be clingy Korean girls or women named Bertha.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I'll be plenty boring for her too until I'm so old the only kind of people who will date me will be clingy Korean girls or women named Bertha.
I can make you a deal right now on a clingy Korean girl named Bertha. Limited-time offer. Free shipping if you call within the next 15 minutes.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I can make you a deal right now on a clingy Korean girl named Bertha. Limited-time offer. Free shipping if you call within the next 15 minutes.
That's a rare find. Two in one. I'm going to name my future daughter after her and tattoo a "B" to my left forearm in her honor.