Operation of faith

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:3‬ ‭

To have that faith and understanding we have to hear this word of God

“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:1, 3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods word what God declares is the source of faith and has the power to speak something into existence from nothing.

Again we see the source of power and effective faith now spoken to and working through a man who believes and acts

“And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭10:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬l

moses had faith because he heard what God said to him and believed it so he acted and saw a miracle not because he thought it up himself but only because it was what God told him to do and would cause this miracle to happen.

air happened because God spoke to Moses and Moses heard and believed him , Moses obedience wasn’t a work of Moses it was an act of faith in Gods ability to keep his word

faith always comes from what God said like that when there is an instruction of what to do , and a blessing he says will result

There are many many many repetitive examples of this in the Bible ( would love to provide some of anyone wishes ) . But to shorten the post consider that principle is very consistent in the scripture.

And it always happens the same way God says something to do and promises a result . and a man hears it and believes and obeys and the result happens like God said. Just like that event with Moses

Consider this one simple example from the gospel

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

It’s the same principle of faith he’s telling us like moses “ reach forth your hand , and this will be the result “

aim the Bible you find words of faith like that when God speaks something for man to do , then Promises what he will do for them if they believe him and step in faith

when you hear Jesus declaring something like that you can walk on water with him based on what your lord and creator said to you and you heard and believed enough to step forth

“And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:28-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

notice even if you step out of your boat in faith , even if you start to sink it’s faith also to call out to the lord to save you and set you back in the boat

Even a little faith and a couple steps on the water with Jesus will lead you to grow up in great faith just as Peter later did and began to heal People just as Jesus said they They would

at he one thing that’s going to keep our faith from growing is when we refuse to hear what the lord has said to us that will enable and bless us

obedience to the word is an act of faith it’s not the requirements of the law

“Thou shalt not kill “

That’s not faith because it’s not God telling you what to do and what he will then do to bless you.

this however is of faith

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:31-32‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“if you continue in the gospel , your going to know the truth and be set free “

when we come to believe the things he said like that the ones with a promise of what he’s going to do to help us or what result is going to come to help us

We are hearing faith and are about to start stepping out of the boat based on what lord said To man when he came and spoke among us

God bless I hope you make sense of my insufficient ways God bless

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭14:28-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Peter lost focus here on Jesus -----He was focused on Jesus who was calling to him to come to Him ------he was successfully walking on the water -----TILL he took his focus off Jesus and put his focus on the Boisterous Wind -----and this is Important to get here Folks ------He became AFRAID -Fear comes from Satan not God -----His Saving Faith became contaminated ------

Fear tolerated is Faith contaminated ------and Peter sank ------you have to keep your Saving faith focused on Jesus at all times -----if you allow fear to creep in ---your Saving Faith becomes Contaminated ----

That is why Jesus said ----OH you of little faith ------WHY DID YOU DOUBT ?

you can't be in doubt and in Faith at the same time -------

something to ponder

1669915910648.jpeg

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Peter lost focus here on Jesus -----He was focused on Jesus who was calling to him to come to Him ------he was successfully walking on the water -----TILL he took his focus off Jesus and put his focus on the Boisterous Wind -----and this is Important to get here Folks ------He became AFRAID -Fear comes from Satan not God -----His Saving Faith became contaminated ------

Fear tolerated is Faith contaminated ------and Peter sank ------you have to keep your Saving faith focused on Jesus at all times -----if you allow fear to creep in ---your Saving Faith becomes Contaminated ----

That is why Jesus said ----OH you of little faith ------WHY DID YOU DOUBT ?

you can't be in doubt and in Faith at the same time -------

something to ponder

View attachment 246151
a really good post thanks for taking the time to share that

“Peter lost focus here on Jesus -----He was focused on Jesus who was calling to him to come to Him ------he was successfully walking on the water -----TILL he took his focus off Jesus and put his focus on the Boisterous Wind -----and this is Important to get here Folks ------He became AFRAID -Fear comes from Satan not God -----His Saving Faith became contaminated -----“

amen peter let himself see the problem instead of keeping focused on the mighty God.

Notice how Peter understood if Jesus says to come I’ll be able to ? He doesn’t just leap out because he thinks he Peter is able to walk on water , but instead he

“Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.”

peter understood if Jesus speaks it and I obey it will work . And then was distracted after and still has faith even though he sinking prince. When he called out “ lord save me “ he knew jesus could and would cave him even though he had at that point “ little faith “ and got distracted.

I think it’s good to realize also that peters failure to keep focused didn’t mean Jesus let him drown, but instead he saved Peter and set him back on safe ground in the boat with him and the others.

a good post thanks again faith and doubt are opposite and we need to work that out in our heart

oyster67

May 24, 2014
To have that faith and understanding we have to hear this word of God
Yes. It tells us and illuminates us as to what our faith must be placed in. Misplaced faith profits nothing. Jesus is the only Way.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Yes. It tells us and illuminates us as to what our faith must be placed in. Misplaced faith profits nothing. Jesus is the only Way.
Amen dear brother if we want to know faith we have to hear what Jesus said even a dead man called by name , who hears him , walks by that same power of faith originating from his word

“And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.”
‭‭John‬ ‭11:43-44‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Even demons who hear his word cannot avoid its power

“And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Let there be light and the light began to shine “

even the elements of creation are bound by his effective and living word of faith

“And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still.

And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

seven terrible incurable disease obeys faith

“And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭8:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Everything in creation operates according to his word of authority and power and certainty but mankind we get to hear and then choose what to believe

This is only because man chose the knowledge of good and also evil rather than tree of life so now we hear both good and evil truth and lies and the choice we make of which to accept and believe is going to rudder our ship tonite destination

seven an atheist is working by his faith it’s just that he’s heard a lie that God doesn’t exist and so he walks by that principle he believed

a mankind is actually designed to live by faith if we trust in the lord Jesus Christ and his word of everlasting life and no condemnation we’ve chosen the right faith

Believers find faith and it’s source is most beautiful

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭

And God said let there and it was surely and irrevocably so

if only we would hear faith we would receive the promise of faith

“This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:2‬ ‭KJV‬‬