Opposition to Truth.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LawofLove

Ezekiel 2:7 You shall speak My words to them whether they hear or whether they refuse, for they are rebellious.

What is the duty of the messenger of truth?.....Shall he conclude that the truth ought not to be presented, since often its only effect is to arouse me to evade or resist its claims? Yes or no?

What are some thoughts on this?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
One is called to witness, for salvation has been bought by Jesus, His sacrifice, Gods gift through Him of grace.
One witnesses because we do so as unto the Lord, in obedience and love.
One does not save, Jesus , the word saves.
For faith comes by hearing the word.
So we speak in witness to truth.
Simply put, we do all things as unto the Lord, witness is the work we are called to, the rest is Jesus.
So yes, we witness, serve, love because we are branches, the fruit comes from the vine that we live in, Jesus!
Because without the vine, there is no life or fruit.
What the one that hears does, we rest in Jesus.
But all rejoice when one hearing the word, by faith, becomes alive in Jesus!!!

God bless
pickles

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Ezekiel 2:7 You shall speak My words to them whether they hear or whether they refuse, for they are rebellious.

What is the duty of the messenger of truth?.....Shall he conclude that the truth ought not to be presented, since often its only effect is to arouse me to evade or resist its claims? Yes or no?

We can give directions to salvation, we can tell others that something is wrong with what they say or do, but they will only feel convicted, and ask you where your authority is to do such a thing!!!

If you are telling them the truth, that they did not want to hear, they could attack you...

Your sanity will be questioned, and you will annoy them etc... they may threaten to disown you, or avoid you if you stop.

But you no longer care about pleasing men, and realise that the truth must be told even if it is not welcomed.

You must remember others right to freewill, often you will know when to back off.......

But you will still continue witnessing, because even if only one out of a million listens, you have done something, and not lost your saltiness

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

If the most High is for you, who can be against you?

Boast of the Almighty Yahweh, glory to the most loving, most merciful God Yahweh, who sent Yeshua our Saviour to redeem us through his blood.

Yeshua son of Almighty Yahweh our God, how blessed we are to be loved by them.

L

LawofLove

I should of said, and I quote "arouse men" not " arouse me" Just noticed this sorry! folks!!!! OOPS

Dec 19, 2009

No, but there are time to keep silent: Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under foot and turn to attack you. Matt 7:6 RSV

L

Laodicea

God is a God of love and wants all to be saved which is why the message must go to all but, unfortunately not all will give their life to Christ