ORGAN DONATION

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shirley

IF YOU HAD A CHANCE WOULD YOU DONATE A ORGAN TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT ? I WOULD IF I KNEW IT WOULD GIVE A SEC CHANCE AT LIFE

F

Fractal_Curve

It depends on who it was.

O

OFM

no not at all only cause it extends life that God may not want we can not play God and pick and choose this is 2 political,2 much favor-tism in this system,rich evil people like dick cheeney move 2 the top of the list in his cause he moved ahead of 19 other people i do not believe in long term life support as well.

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
Yes. I would. I am a full organ donor. If any of my organs are salvageable after my death, they will be salvaged.

I do not believe it to be un-godly. Quite the opposite.

...If my son or daughter was stabbed and suffered from a ruptured kidney, and KNOWING that I only need one when God gave me two, I would not think twice to save my childs life, and generally I would say anyone who says otherwise deludes themselves.

Furthermore, now that I am of legal age, I will begin to give blood. If blood transfusions were not available, I would not be here, and neither would my twin brother because of my difficulties with my mums 5th pregnancy.

If you see it to be ungodly to give your organs away when you die because it lengthens someones life when it is not Gods plan..then you should no longer get borken bones fixed, take medication, close wounds, put premature babies in incubators, get jags...

These all hold the possibility of lengthening a life..and yet look at us all.

-Kath

O

OFM

still medical science alot of times not at all Gods Will,just cause we can do something should we do it no not at all this i frimly strongly very much alot personally spiritually believe amen.

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
I am just copying and pasting this from a website I recently came across:

The account of Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-44) parallels the prolongation of life after organ replacement. Although this event did extend Lazarus's life and give him and his family new opportunities, we must be careful to see the major emphasis of the biblical passage. Jesus says, "This illness does not lead to death: rather it is for God's glory, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it" (John 11:4). Glory for God was the motive behind this miraculous resuscitation. He would be glorified through the miraculous raising of the dead, as ultimately only God can be. He would be glorified through the initiation of the events that would lead Jesus to the cross immediately following this event. G. Campbell Morgan says this event represents a supernatural and miraculous resuscitation." Thus, the Bible does not condemn the prolongation of life in certain instances.
The Gospel accounts record twenty-three times that Jesus healed or raised someone from the dead. In some cases, Jesus healed and prolonged life for someone facing imminent death (John 4:46-53). At other times Jesus restored the function of a part of the body to improve the quality of life (Matthew 8:2-4; Mark 2:3-12; Luke 18:35-43 and John 5:1-9). Old Testament passages also offer support for prolongation of life. Elijah prayed to God, and the life of the dead child for whom he prayed was restored (1 Kings 17:19-22). Elisha performed a similar act, as life miraculously returned to a dead child (2 Kings 4:32-35). In summary, providing that motives and methods are consistent with Scripture, the Bible does not prohibit prolonging life through the medical procedures of organ transplantation.

I'm curious:
So your in a burning house, and your..say..50 years old. You see you 16 year old daughter lieing, unconscious at the foot of the stairs, enveloped by smoke and flames...do you run and try to save her? Or do you let her die because God allowed her to be surrounded by fire? You have the ability to save her, but that means certain death for you. Or you could run, and leave certain death for your only child.
Would you like to live for another 30 years (childless) or choose to let your child live for 70+ years, and live a life?

Surely prevention of life, a gift from God, can only be a good thing - to an extend.

I mean, if not you should not salute your firemen for saving people in a burning people. Or praise paramedics for doing CPR. Or even doctors for helping nurse a heart-attack sufferer back to health..for surely..God wanted all these people to die?
What about people who swim out to save people who are drowning?

Was it Gods plan for them to die? Or was it Gods plan for them to be saved, in the physical sense? - Maybe then, they will grow to appreicate the life they have been given - and live it in the Lords light instead?

Just some thoughts...

-Kath

O

OFM

the fire exsample does not applay here not the same at all.

Kathleen

Oct 13, 2009
What about the rest? What would you do in the circumstance I put forward to you?

-Kath

S

selenah

IF YOU HAD A CHANCE WOULD YOU DONATE A ORGAN TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT ? I WOULD IF I KNEW IT WOULD GIVE A SEC CHANCE AT LIFE
I'd donate a piano.

Justcuz

Banned: 13 forum posts with blatant lies about CC
Jul 6, 2012
i would gladly donate the organ of our church to another church,
i like modern praise music more anyway ;)

O

OFM

great bro ur so funny sometimes this was a great highly excellent commentary be blessed you should do some comedy maybe at least at your church b blessed allways sir.bro.