OSAS: Do you think Perfectionists go to hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
I, for the record, am a OSAS believer. Christ's blood covers past, present and future sins. I would never assume to be good, much less perfect with no sin. I sin every day in thought, word or deed. It pains me, and I hate my sin. I repent daily.

Folks like Jesse Morrell (Youtube street precher) twists scripture leading people to believe that you must be without sin to enter Heaven.

What do you think? Do these people have eternal life?

Any Perfectionists on the board are also welcome and encouraged to join in the conversation.
Such is the mystery of God hidden from ages and generations since the foundation of the world. But you will see this mystery finally revealed in your lifetime when the 144,000 appear.

The kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed a good seed in his field. But when he was sleep an enemy came and sowed tares.

[Tares look just like wheat in every way while both are immature.]

When the good seed grew so did the tares grow with them. But both were allowed to grow together until the harvest lest if when the tares were removed some of the wheat be uprooted also...

The seed is the Word of God (himself).

The Father is the sower.

The enemy is the devil.

The field is the world.

----

The father sowed Christ into the earth, and he's looking for a harvest of the seed He's sown, not a harvest of a crop that sort of resembles his seed. No one goes to heaven but he who came down from heaven; the Son (John 3:13). There will be only 144,000 firstfruits harvested out of the all of his crop, while the majority of his crop will need to endure a little more time down here, maturing. The 144,000 will be perfectly like Christ and will lead many of His crop to perfection.

Some believe that once the outside of the cup (body) is finally clean that the inside (heart) of the cup will follow suit, but Christ said first the inside must be cleaned and then the outside will be (Matthew 23:25). So the heart must be pure before the transformation can occur.

And by the Grace of God (Titus 2:11-14) this will happen.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
A Christian loses his salvation when the worm dies and the fire is quenched.

R

Ralph-

Or when he stops believing and doesn't come back when God goes looking for him.

"24As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father."-1 John 2:24

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Or when he stops believing and doesn't come back when God goes looking for him.

"24As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father."-1 John 2:24
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 3:9

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
"Born of God"..NONE are originally born of God..we are ALL born with a sinful nature and prone to sine..

I think its important to see the verses prior amd after as well to get the WHOLE concept...

John 3 New International Version (NIV)
3 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears,[a] we shall be like him,for we shall see him as he is. 3 All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.

7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil,because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister."

Btw..the word is CONTINUE to sin..not "COMMIT" like you ppsted in the 9th verse
"

R

Ralph-

Then why do born again Christians sin?

And why does John tell the believers who didn't go out from them (see 1 John 2:19) to let that abide in them which they heard from the beginning (1 John 2:24) if as you are suggesting they can't help but to continue in what they heard because they are born again? Your theology doesn't add up. Mine does: You are saved as long as you remain born again by abiding (continuing) in that which you heard from the beginning.

R

Ralph-

Yeah..i was kinda confused by that one too..
It's a twist on the old 'when hell freezes over' line. He/she was trying to say the Christian will never lose his salvation.

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
It's a twist on the old 'when hell freezes over' line. He/she was trying to say the Christian will never lose his salvation.
Ahhhhh..never heard of that one before..

Dec 9, 2011
You ARE being funny arent you? Lol
You said a Christian loses his SALVATION when the worm dies so then I take It that you’re talking about a person that calls themseves a Christian but Is not,BUT you said lose their SALVATION.I believe a person that Is saved can’t lose their salvation.:unsure::)

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
You said a Christian loses his SALVATION when the worm dies so then I take It that you’re talking about a person that calls themseves a Christian but Is not BUT you said lose their SALVATION.I believe a person that Is saved can’t lose their salvation.:unsure::)
So do I.
That's why I said that. Read Mark 6:44, 46 and 48.

Dec 9, 2011