OSAS?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the holy Spirit (Mat 3:11, Lk 3:16 & Jn 1:33)

Jesus say's; he who BELIEVES in ME as SAVIOR will receive His continually flowing HOLY SPIRIT

John 7:
38 """He who believes in Me""" [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’”

39 But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).
(MY NOTE: Jesus the True Spiritual Living Water (Jn 4:10, 6:35, 7:37-39, Jer 17:13, Ps 36:7-9), foretells of the giving/out pouring of God's Holy Spirit to be ""given to believers"")

""THE PROMISE"" = God's Holy Spirit will be given is made:

Lk 24:49 And, behold, I send ""the promise"" of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high
(MY NOTE: Jesus teaches he will send "the promise" the Father made him)

Acts 1:
4 While being together and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Of which,” He said, “you have heard Me speak.
(MY NOTE: Jesus tells them to wait in Jerusalem for what the Father had """promised""")

5 For John baptized with water, but you will be baptized and empowered and united with the Holy Spirit, not long from now.”
(MY NOTE: Jesus foretells the giving/baptism/out pouring of His indwelling Holy Spirit to come)

""THE PROMISE"" is fulfilled

Acts 2:
1 (A) when the day of Pentecost was fully come
(MY NOTE: When the day of Pentecost had fully come: 50 Days after Christ's resurrection)

4 And they were all "filled with the Holy Spirit" and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance
(MY NOTE: Here ""THE PROMISE"" is enacted; The BELIEVERS are ""filled with the Holy Spirit"" Christ's PROMISED baptism with His salvation sealing FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit)

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear
(MY NOTE: 50 days after Christ's glorification/resurrection. Christ sends the PROMISE given to Him from the Father = Holy Spirit)

Christ's Living Water PROMISE/the baptism with His Holy Spirit. At the moment any believer receives this GIFT you're FOREVER REDEEMED! You are FOREVER part of His Body, BETROTHED/His Bride to be. During this time frame, BETROTHED, was a binding contract. His Holy Spirit is His promise of protection!!!

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]..
(MY NOTE: Christ SEALS believers with Gods PROMISE of His indwelling Holy Spirit)

Rom 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
(MY NOTE: God's Spirit dwells/lives in every believer & guarantees your eternal life)

Rom 5:5 Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
(MY NOTE: God's given <Past Tense/Done Deal) PROMISE/Holy Spirit will NEVER DISAPPOINT you!)

1 Cor 3:16 [d]Do you not know and understand that you [the church] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells [permanently] in you [collectively and individually]?
(MY NOTE: The Promised Gift of God's Holy Spirit dwells PERMANENTLY in every believer)

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is "Christ in you", the hope of glory:
(MY NOTE: Christ Holy Spirit is in you. IN CHRIST is a "POSITIONAL" statement made 50 times in the apostle Paul's writings)

Eph 3:6 [it is this:] that the Gentiles are now joint heirs [with the Jews] and members of the same body, and joint partakers [sharing] in the [same divine] promise in Christ Jesus through [their faith in] the good news [of salvation].
(MY NOTE: Gentiles share through FAITH in the PROMISED Holy Spirit)

Jn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(MY NOTE: The Comforter <{translators Capitalized showing deity}= Holy Spirit will abide with you FOREVER)

Eph 1:
13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].
(MY NOTE: You BELIEVED in Him & were STAMPRD with the SEAL of the PROMISED Holy Spirit, PROMISED by Christ & you're as owned & protected by God!.

14 The Spirit is the [e]guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.
(MY NOTE: The HOLY SPIRIT is a GUARANTEE that CHRIST has BOUGHT & PAID FOR ALL your SINS. To the praise of His glory! AMEN)

Ehp 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin].
(MY NOTE: Believers are SEALED by Christ's Holy Spirit until the day their Adamic corruptible bodies are transformed into, eternal, incorruptible Heavenly bodies)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Verb, G4972, sphragizo - "TO SEAL" is used to indicate:

(d) ownership and security, together with destination, Revelation 7:3-Revelation 7:5 (as with the noun in Revelation 7:2; See A); the same three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13, in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," not as AV, "after that ye believed;" the aorist participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (See also Ephesians 1:14); so Ephesians 4:30, "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;" so in 2 Corinthians 1:22, where the Middle Voice intimates the special interest of the Sealer in His act;

2 Cor 1:22 it is He who has also put His seal on us [that is, He has appropriated us and certified us as His] and has given us the [Holy] Spirit in our hearts as a pledge [like a security deposit to guarantee the fulfillment of His promise of eternal life].
(MY NOTE: Christ's PROMISED Holy Spirit is given to every believer as a salvation/redemption GUARANTEE the Christ will KEEP His eternal life promise!)

2 Cor 5:5 Now He who has made us and prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the [Holy] Spirit as a pledge [a guarantee, a down payment on the fulfillment of His promise].
(MY NOTE: Christ's PROMISED Holy Spirit is given to every believer as a salvation/redemption PLEDGE/GUARANTEE/PROMISE)

Vines Expository Dictionary "arrabon", noun, Strongs ref #728 - EARNEST:
originally, "earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, Eph 1:14, 4:30,

Every verse posted in this blog is a direct C&P from the Amplified Bible (AMP). Their translators wrote/placed the brackets of emphasis.
Find Bible source link here: https://www.biblegateway.com/

Feb 5, 2023
1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life].
(MY NOTE: Only Christ baptizes with the holy Spirit (Mat 3:11, Lk 3:16 & Jn 1:33)

Jesus say's; he who BELIEVES in ME as SAVIOR will receive His continually flowing HOLY SPIRIT

John 7:
38 """He who believes in Me""" [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Me], as the Scripture has said, ‘From his innermost being will flow continually rivers of living water.’”

39 But He was speaking of the [Holy] Spirit, whom those who believed in Him [as Savior] were to receive afterward. The Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified (raised to honor).
(MY NOTE: Jesus the True Spiritual Living Water (Jn 4:10, 6:35, 7:37-39, Jer 17:13, Ps 36:7-9), foretells of the giving/out pouring of God's Holy Spirit to be ""given to believers"")

""THE PROMISE"" = God's Holy Spirit will be given is made:

Lk 24:49 And, behold, I send ""the promise"" of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high
(MY NOTE: Jesus teaches he will send "the promise" the Father made him)

Acts 1:
4 While being together and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Of which,” He said, “you have heard Me speak.
(MY NOTE: Jesus tells them to wait in Jerusalem for what the Father had """promised""")

5 For John baptized with water, but you will be baptized and empowered and united with the Holy Spirit, not long from now.”
(MY NOTE: Jesus foretells the giving/baptism/out pouring of His indwelling Holy Spirit to come)

""THE PROMISE"" is fulfilled

Acts 2:
1 (A) when the day of Pentecost was fully come
(MY NOTE: When the day of Pentecost had fully come: 50 Days after Christ's resurrection)

4 And they were all "filled with the Holy Spirit" and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance
(MY NOTE: Here ""THE PROMISE"" is enacted; The BELIEVERS are ""filled with the Holy Spirit"" Christ's PROMISED baptism with His salvation sealing FOREVER indwelling Holy Spirit)

Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear
(MY NOTE: 50 days after Christ's glorification/resurrection. Christ sends the PROMISE given to Him from the Father = Holy Spirit)

Christ's Living Water PROMISE/the baptism with His Holy Spirit. At the moment any believer receives this GIFT you're FOREVER REDEEMED! You are FOREVER part of His Body, BETROTHED/His Bride to be. During this time frame, BETROTHED, was a binding contract. His Holy Spirit is His promise of protection!!!

Eph 1:13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God]..
(MY NOTE: Christ SEALS believers with Gods PROMISE of His indwelling Holy Spirit)

Rom 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
(MY NOTE: God's Spirit dwells/lives in every believer & guarantees your eternal life)

Rom 5:5 Such hope [in God’s promises] never disappoints us, because God’s love has been abundantly poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
(MY NOTE: God's given <Past Tense/Done Deal) PROMISE/Holy Spirit will NEVER DISAPPOINT you!)

1 Cor 3:16 [d]Do you not know and understand that you [the church] are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells [permanently] in you [collectively and individually]?
(MY NOTE: The Promised Gift of God's Holy Spirit dwells PERMANENTLY in every believer)

Col 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is "Christ in you", the hope of glory:
(MY NOTE: Christ Holy Spirit is in you. IN CHRIST is a "POSITIONAL" statement made 50 times in the apostle Paul's writings)

Eph 3:6 [it is this:] that the Gentiles are now joint heirs [with the Jews] and members of the same body, and joint partakers [sharing] in the [same divine] promise in Christ Jesus through [their faith in] the good news [of salvation].
(MY NOTE: Gentiles share through FAITH in the PROMISED Holy Spirit)

Jn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
(MY NOTE: The Comforter <{translators Capitalized showing deity}= Holy Spirit will abide with you FOREVER)

Eph 1:
13 In Him, you also, when you heard the word of truth, the good news of your salvation, and [as a result] believed in Him, were stamped with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit [the One promised by Christ] as owned and protected [by God].
(MY NOTE: You BELIEVED in Him & were STAMPRD with the SEAL of the PROMISED Holy Spirit, PROMISED by Christ & you're as owned & protected by God!.

14 The Spirit is the [e]guarantee [the first installment, the pledge, a foretaste] of our inheritance until the redemption of God’s own [purchased] possession [His believers], to the praise of His glory.
(MY NOTE: The HOLY SPIRIT is a GUARANTEE that CHRIST has BOUGHT & PAID FOR ALL your SINS. To the praise of His glory! AMEN)

Ehp 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [but seek to please Him], by whom you were sealed and marked [branded as God’s own] for the day of redemption [the final deliverance from the consequences of sin].
(MY NOTE: Believers are SEALED by Christ's Holy Spirit until the day their Adamic corruptible bodies are transformed into, eternal, incorruptible Heavenly bodies)

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Verb, G4972, sphragizo - "TO SEAL" is used to indicate:

(d) ownership and security, together with destination, Revelation 7:3-Revelation 7:5 (as with the noun in Revelation 7:2; See A); the same three indications are conveyed in Ephesians 1:13, in the metaphor of the "sealing" of believers by the gift of the Holy Spirit, upon believing (i.e., at the time of their regeneration, not after a lapse of time in their spiritual life, "having also believed," not as AV, "after that ye believed;" the aorist participle marks the definiteness and completeness of the act of faith); the idea of destination is stressed by the phrase "the Holy Spirit of promise" (See also Ephesians 1:14); so Ephesians 4:30, "ye were sealed unto the day of redemption;" so in 2 Corinthians 1:22, where the Middle Voice intimates the special interest of the Sealer in His act;

2 Cor 1:22 it is He who has also put His seal on us [that is, He has appropriated us and certified us as His] and has given us the [Holy] Spirit in our hearts as a pledge [like a security deposit to guarantee the fulfillment of His promise of eternal life].
(MY NOTE: Christ's PROMISED Holy Spirit is given to every believer as a salvation/redemption GUARANTEE the Christ will KEEP His eternal life promise!)

2 Cor 5:5 Now He who has made us and prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the [Holy] Spirit as a pledge [a guarantee, a down payment on the fulfillment of His promise].
(MY NOTE: Christ's PROMISED Holy Spirit is given to every believer as a salvation/redemption PLEDGE/GUARANTEE/PROMISE)

Vines Expository Dictionary "arrabon", noun, Strongs ref #728 - EARNEST:
originally, "earnest-money" deposited by the purchaser. In general usage it came to denote "a pledge" or "earnest" of any sort; in the NT it is used only of that which is assured by God to believers; it is said of the Holy Spirit as the Divine "pledge" of all their future blessedness, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, Eph 1:14, 4:30,

Every verse posted in this blog is a direct C&P from the Amplified Bible (AMP). Their translators wrote/placed the brackets of emphasis.
Find Bible source link here: https://www.biblegateway.com/
Hold on for objections from that argument that insists there is no such thing as eternal salvation.