Others mistakes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 20, 2011
It really does a person no good to notice the mistakes of others. the only mistakes that are within our shpere of control are our own. It does no good to reprimand someone for the way they see the world, because this serves to harden the heart of the one being criticized. best to be compassionate to all, or at least in my case try to be!!!

Jun 20, 2010
Perhaps i'm strawmanning what you intended this argument to be, but I doubt your saying that there is no need for discipline or criticism.

T

thimsrebma

I personally think it is good to notice the mistakes of others. You can learn from others mistakes just as you can from your own.

Jan 20, 2011
what i meant in particular was that there is far too much temptation for me to look at the faults of others.. Im very much a novice in spirituality, but what i was getting at is that judging others is very easy when you notice all of their faults.. I took the message of Christianity to be one of personal growth that with love can influence others to have good lives, but without love it becomes very petty, as for myself ive let it become. The death of faith in God lies in the systematic judgement of all his creation, judging others by the standards of God are the wrong place to be...
Not an agrument, just a statement.. Correct me by all means if you think im not getting something right...

D

DanuckInUSA

It is not our place to judge the world. For the leaders of our church it is important to discern from within the body but we are not to judge the world.

M

mrpower

I personally think it is good to notice the mistakes of others. You can learn from others mistakes just as you can from your own.
Darn tootin sister. Its one of my lifes philosophies! why learn from your own mistakes when you can learn from others!
haha even though we all still manage to suck so spectacularly, im in complete agreement with your statement :)

Feb 1, 2011
who are we to judge? we can only suggest to thrive and better ourselves in the Lord! AMEN! :D

J

JimM1228

A smart man learns from his mistakes, A wise man learns from others. that is seperate to this argument, i agree to not judge others by their mistakes, i have also been trying to focus on humility lately and i understand the OP's statement. we are not here to judge however we are here to encourage. if i see a fellow believer doing something against God, you better believe that i am going to say something about it only because it is for the Lord and not myself. We are put here to spread the word and make disciples. We cannot do that without maintaining those who are already saved.

A

alexiblue

Right on, Jim.
We're commanded to in the Bible, also, you know--we're supposed to reject a heretic only after the first and second admonition (James somewhere?)

J

JimM1228

Right on, Jim.
We're commanded to in the Bible, also, you know--we're supposed to reject a heretic only after the first and second admonition (James somewhere?)
not sure where and im also not sure how that should be interpreted, mainly because the Holy Spirit is what really determines when you should brush the dust off your feet, as the Lord said to his Disciples when they feel they have done everything they could. some people just dont accept Christ in their hearts and wont change that. at that point it is out of our hands, but thankfully it is in His.

K

kayem77

I think I got you...if you're saying to not judge the mistakes of others, cause we are nobody to judge .Although, we can provide advice when is needed and you know you're right, but i think is pointless if no one wants it, then is not in our hands to help.

K

kayem77

A smart man learns from his mistakes, A wise man learns from others...
By the way, I so agree with this :)

L

Luba

When you judge, condemn, criticize, or talk about another human being, it does not define who THEY are, it only proves what YOU are ..... dont jugde and u wont be jugded .... if u see some one making some kind of mistake , its better just come and help instead of judge .... judge is always easy

A

alexiblue

I like that...we are nobody. I once heard that we are no different from the rest of the world, really. We and they are both like two men, walking across the surface of the earth...one towards a cliff, the other not. Just because we have been shown God's light and given the grace to follow it doesn't really put us on some stratospheric plane. We need to reach out to the lost, following God's Spirit, full of grace and truth. But the more we recognize the enormity of God's sacrifice for us, the more we will realize just how lowly and unworthy we are, and the more we will be full of compassion toward those who have to live without His amazing love day after day. We will have a genuine desire for everyone to know Him, since we know the night-to-day, black-and-white difference that He made for us. Most of all, we will be seeking God's glory, and Jesus' Lordship over all, and He desires that none should perish. Therefore we have a duty, and a serious obligation. But if we are nobody...little nothings walking around, what can be left but God and His love to shine through, and everything that God is?--possibly including judgment, to convict the lost of His sins and make him realize his separation and come to repentance of sins and into the sonship of our gracious heavenly Father.