Our Lives as Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DatUnseenBelief

Hello there Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I thank you all for taking the time to read this posting. It means alot to me and our Lord. Hopefully you take this and apply it to your life or teach it to someone you know. Let me introduce myself. My name is Ronnie. I live in California. I'm going to be 18 years old soon. My life with Christ took a huge turn about 3 years ago. But in my life, like all us Christians, have gone through many things in life. For me, i have killed people, wheather its their flesh or their soul, i have commited adultery, wheather by thought or by reality. I have stolen from people. I have disrespected many people especially our God and our Savior. Now that my life has changed i would like to speak my mind out of what the Lord has shown me and taught me.

when i was growing up, life was hard in the sunny days of california. but everyday was a grey day like some rappers say. my family was very poor putting us on the bottom of the chain. noticing this loss in life i took my family into my own grasps. i joined the local gang. rob stores for food and money just so my family can survive. living that life was not the easiest but at that time i doubted God. Yes, that was the point where i was at my lowest. Yeah, we went to church. but i never went. like tuac said "it truly feels good putting money in your mailbox, i love paying the rent when the rents due" Song Dear Momma. That was my life. all i was doing was helping my family get out of struggles. trust me its more than this. having to defend the house when we get robbed ourself by other gangs. getting stuck in the middle of a "driveby". yes i put my family into a bad position. Thats when i began to realize that this way isnt going to last and it aint going to be pleasant. i was barely home that year of 2007. My parents were worried that i was dead.

During my year without being home, i slept with girls at their house. slept at my friends house. you know doing that sort of thing. Adultery is a big word. I understand now why the Lord forbids it. i first caught this when i got this girl pregnant. thats my first encounter with the Lord. when i heard that she was pregnant a voice, a voice told me that "this is one of the reasons why i dont want you doing these things til marriage son." and its true. all those teens that are trying to get pregnant while they barely 18 are making a mistake. the Lord opened my eyes and i saw that having sex before marriage does bring worries about how financially unstable the parents are, schooling, jobs, and the struggle itself. the Lord doesnt want any of us going through something like that. im sure there is more reasons but that is one of the big things that i have seen.

following the pregnancy, i went to church. i got married at the age of 16. my son is almost 2 years old. my wife is gone. she did not pass away but she was what she was. i dont blame her for all of this and who she is today. this brings a point about parenthood at a young age. the struggle is hard. when my son was growing up he was in a whole lot of danger. people whom hated me came after him. im a parent now i feel the same way as any other parent when our child is taken away. i would do ANYTHING to get him back in my arms.

i went to sleep one day and this day i remember really well. the lord spoke to me saying that this is how i feel my son. do you see how the devil took you guys away from me? do you know of what i would do and give for you?

that woke me up fast! it was true, how can i understand this soo well. its because i went through it. one point i wanna raise to you readers is that our past makes who we are today. but how we act now will determine who we are in the future. reasons why the Lord takes the weak, the poor, the sick, the low lives is because we have seen the struggle. we know whats right and whats wrong. the reason why the Lord doesnt take those whom are strong, rich, and wealthy is because they have something in their heart that is sooo hard that even it wont break down for the Lord. We on the other hand are just like the disciples of Christ. Go look it up. the disciples were not rich people. they were people like us. tax collectors, theives, fishermen, prostitutes, you name it. never really did the Lord choose someone of high authority to do his work.

So this is for those people who have gone through many things in life. go out there! GO! go and help out those who were in your shoes. and tell them about how they should run their life. tell them that the Lord is there for them. Why do i say this to you? because if there was someone else besides my mother and my father who also pushed my out of situations i would of had a better plan to help my family than do what i have done now. To this day in california. all new immigrants that come in to my neighborhood, i talk to them. tell them about school. tell them about your own life with gangs, drugs, women, and money. give them their options so that they may not make the worng choices like we did. WE are the vessels which God said Go and preach out the word of God. WE must go and help out those in need, help out those stuck in these kind of situations.

Let me illustrate an example: if you are a nurse and you went through med school. go and help out someone who is trying to be a nurse. someone in school that needs help. we all get stuck at options. but we whom have gone through those situations may be able to help out and give advice to them so that they may not make the same mistakes or take a better path than what we have taken.

Thank you for Reading This Testimony. It was long but hopefully you get the bread out of this.

J

JesinFL

Hello there Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I thank you all for taking the time to read this posting. It means alot to me and our Lord. Hopefully you take this and apply it to your life or teach it to someone you know. Let me introduce myself. My name is Ronnie. I live in California. I'm going to be 18 years old soon. My life with Christ took a huge turn about 3 years ago. But in my life, like all us Christians, have gone through many things in life. For me, i have killed people, wheather its their flesh or their soul, i have commited adultery, wheather by thought or by reality. I have stolen from people. I have disrespected many people especially our God and our Savior. Now that my life has changed i would like to speak my mind out of what the Lord has shown me and taught me.

when i was growing up, life was hard in the sunny days of california. but everyday was a grey day like some rappers say. my family was very poor putting us on the bottom of the chain. noticing this loss in life i took my family into my own grasps. i joined the local gang. rob stores for food and money just so my family can survive. living that life was not the easiest but at that time i doubted God. Yes, that was the point where i was at my lowest. Yeah, we went to church. but i never went. like tuac said "it truly feels good putting money in your mailbox, i love paying the rent when the rents due" Song Dear Momma. That was my life. all i was doing was helping my family get out of struggles. trust me its more than this. having to defend the house when we get robbed ourself by other gangs. getting stuck in the middle of a "driveby". yes i put my family into a bad position. Thats when i began to realize that this way isnt going to last and it aint going to be pleasant. i was barely home that year of 2007. My parents were worried that i was dead.

During my year without being home, i slept with girls at their house. slept at my friends house. you know doing that sort of thing. Adultery is a big word. I understand now why the Lord forbids it. i first caught this when i got this girl pregnant. thats my first encounter with the Lord. when i heard that she was pregnant a voice, a voice told me that "this is one of the reasons why i dont want you doing these things til marriage son." and its true. all those teens that are trying to get pregnant while they barely 18 are making a mistake. the Lord opened my eyes and i saw that having sex before marriage does bring worries about how financially unstable the parents are, schooling, jobs, and the struggle itself. the Lord doesnt want any of us going through something like that. im sure there is more reasons but that is one of the big things that i have seen.

following the pregnancy, i went to church. i got married at the age of 16. my son is almost 2 years old. my wife is gone. she did not pass away but she was what she was. i dont blame her for all of this and who she is today. this brings a point about parenthood at a young age. the struggle is hard. when my son was growing up he was in a whole lot of danger. people whom hated me came after him. im a parent now i feel the same way as any other parent when our child is taken away. i would do ANYTHING to get him back in my arms.

i went to sleep one day and this day i remember really well. the lord spoke to me saying that this is how i feel my son. do you see how the devil took you guys away from me? do you know of what i would do and give for you?

that woke me up fast! it was true, how can i understand this soo well. its because i went through it. one point i wanna raise to you readers is that our past makes who we are today. but how we act now will determine who we are in the future. reasons why the Lord takes the weak, the poor, the sick, the low lives is because we have seen the struggle. we know whats right and whats wrong. the reason why the Lord doesnt take those whom are strong, rich, and wealthy is because they have something in their heart that is sooo hard that even it wont break down for the Lord. We on the other hand are just like the disciples of Christ. Go look it up. the disciples were not rich people. they were people like us. tax collectors, theives, fishermen, prostitutes, you name it. never really did the Lord choose someone of high authority to do his work.

So this is for those people who have gone through many things in life. go out there! GO! go and help out those who were in your shoes. and tell them about how they should run their life. tell them that the Lord is there for them. Why do i say this to you? because if there was someone else besides my mother and my father who also pushed my out of situations i would of had a better plan to help my family than do what i have done now. To this day in california. all new immigrants that come in to my neighborhood, i talk to them. tell them about school. tell them about your own life with gangs, drugs, women, and money. give them their options so that they may not make the worng choices like we did. WE are the vessels which God said Go and preach out the word of God. WE must go and help out those in need, help out those stuck in these kind of situations.

Let me illustrate an example: if you are a nurse and you went through med school. go and help out someone who is trying to be a nurse. someone in school that needs help. we all get stuck at options. but we whom have gone through those situations may be able to help out and give advice to them so that they may not make the same mistakes or take a better path than what we have taken.

Thank you for Reading This Testimony. It was long but hopefully you get the bread out of this.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope more people come to the realizations you have. You're blessed and we're blessed!