Overwhelmed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nicknick1

My wife is trying to take the house,both cars and 90% of the furniture in our ongoing marital strife.She moved out and is now trying to take legal action to get these things.I want to try to reconcillle and move past this period but she is angry and does not seem to be listening to God.She is an ordained minister who should know betterthan not to forgive.I have hope and faith that we will get back together,but the hurt is unbearable.Seems as if satan has gotten in her and will not leave.Praying constantly,but still sad.

K

kenisyes

How does her ministerial headship feel about this? It sounds kind of unScriptural. You mention she should know better than not to forgive, which suggests forgive what? Surely, there is some venue in whatever denomination she is responsible to, who could act as a mandatory mediator.

J

Jordache

Praying is good, but there is a practical side to this also. You may need to either just give up the possessions, or hire legal assistance. Sadly, you cannot determine what she does with what is in her heart. Her theological background will not cause the light to go off, only the Lord will. Each of us, no matter how strong and devout we are, can fall into these same situations. None of us is incapable of even this type of sin.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you both that your conflict will be resolved....she won't consider counseling?

A

Ariel82

give it to her and ask for her forgiveness.

did you cheat on her? that is the only thing that I can think of that would make me act as you describe your wife acting.

though I would probably let him keep the house and furniture and just take the kids.

Dec 14, 2009
If she is a minister she was never really following the word. She shouldn't be a minister.

You cant change anyone but yourself. Let the sinners sin.

People had things taken from them in the bible mamy times but they kept love, the one thing that can never be taken from someone.

Keep giving and loving. People only see the Jesus you show them.

God is faithful to those who stay faithful to Him.

S

shekaniah

I will pray for you and your situaton.
Ask God for wisdom...
He is the searcher of our hearts.

Romans 8:26 & 27
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

C

chuinchoy

she can get 50% of marital assets only. thats what the marriage laws in my country provides.

A

aprilandkeion

Remember that every trials leads to perseverance and perseverance leads to maturity so consider trials pure joy...

James 1:2-4

Trials and Temptations

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.