Papal one-world religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2009
I've noticed an anti-Catholic bias in many of the posts submitted to this forum. Sometimes, when reading various replies in these posts, I don't know if I'm going to scream, laugh, or break down crying. After much consideration, here is my take on the topic of one-world religion allegedly advocated by the Vatican in order to advance it's own devious interests.

To those of you harboring anti-Catholic sentiments, I just want to assure you that the threat of a papal-sponsored one-world religion will never see the light of day. In order to do so, it will be necessary to have the support and full cooperation of the Eastern Orthodox Christians who can see clearly through this papal gambit. In fact, the Russian hierarchy has historically and consistently refused to allow the popes to visit their turf under the guise of ecumenical friendship or whatever: in their view, the papacy is simply not to be trusted.

Secondly, the papacy is intellectually and theologically predisposed against the Eastern religions. In fact, Pope John Paul II publicly derided the basic doctrines of Buddhism as theologically baseless - manifestly inferior to those of Rome. This guy had the gall to make this statement at a convocation of religious leaders in Assisi, Italy, attended by, among others, one of the most beloved persons in the world, it's foremost Buddhist, and the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Peace: His Holiness, the fourteenth Dalai Lama of Tibet.

Finally, the Vatican lacks the moral authority to assume any leadership role associated with a one-world religion. The sordid details concerning the sexual abuse of children continues to make news every day. I ask you, Rome, how many tens of thousands of children have been buggered by your celibate priest-predators and their crimes covered up by those in high ecclesiastic authority? After such a colossal betrayal of trust, how can you possibly expect anyone ever to trust you in any statement you might utter? Do we place any credence at all with regard even to your apologies? Gimme a break, will you?

I'm aware that my positions as stated above will be open for some criticism, but that doesn't bother me one iota. Before any CC readers vent their fury on me, I would urge them to spend a few minutes of their time reading one or both of the following books by Gary Wills, the prominent Catholic layman, writer, historian, and Pulitzer Prize winner. The titles are:

"Papal Lies - Structures of Deceit" and "Why I am a Catholic"

Collectively, both books support the premise that the Vatican rarely takes a position on anything except to protect its own interests and reputation; it will stop at nothing to achieve this end. The latter book reflects current thinking among Catholic intellectuals who maintain that belief in - and respect for - the papacy is a non-essential and irrelevant requisite for membership in the Church. In effect: let those guys in the white robes (Prada?) and scarlet slippers (Gucci?) toot their horns; it doesn't matter anymore. Your behavior throughout the history of the past thousand years has blown your cover. We not only don't believe you anymore - we simply do not trust you.

This thread is not written with vituperative intent; to the contrary, I submit these comments motivated by
Christian love and sisterly concern for my many Catholic friends whose fellowship continues to enrich my life. I will always regard you with the respect and lovingkindness that you are entitled to. But as regards your male-dominated, sexually dysfunctional leadership...well, that is quite another matter.

KayCee

G

glenwood74

That was very eloquent, and well thought out. Are you sure you're only 18?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Yep, very lucid. lol, and very wise for your years.

I would put your flak jacket on and hide behind a bomb proof wall when the replies start flying in like mortars. :D

Phil

J

Jordan9

Sometimes, when reading various replies in these posts, I don't know if I'm going to scream, laugh, or break down crying.
How ironic! That's exactly how I feel about your OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.