Parables

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mule

If you were sitting in a crowd of 500 and a man began to tell you a parable such as the ones found in the gospels would you understand it? I know I am not the sharpest pencil in the box so I wonder ha ha

( Jesus' throat must have been soar after speaking loud enough for 500 people to hear Him *_* )

Feb 11, 2012
If one is still in bondage to sin, double minded, and loving the world more than God, then the parables,which all tell us and command us to DO, will not be understood,like most in the church system,the word of God is more of a suggestion to them,since they said the sinners prayer,got saved receiving Jesus, without any repentance and obedient faith!

God has nothing for the double minded, who think they are saved,when they still wallow in lust, and worldly pleasures,thus all the parables will not phase them, because they are clean on the outside, but still defiled,and dark on the inside!

Jas 1:21 Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

M

mule

So that is WHO is not going to get them. Did you immediately understand the parables without someone explaining what it meant? Did you hear them first then you began to read them?

B

Bornhuman

I would probably say "I'm just here for the fish sandwiches".

Matt 14:16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat.
Matt 14:17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
Matt 14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.
Matt 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Matt 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
Matt 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

Dec 19, 2009
If you were sitting in a crowd of 500 and a man began to tell you a parable such as the ones found in the gospels would you understand it? I know I am not the sharpest pencil in the box so I wonder ha ha

( Jesus' throat must have been soar after speaking loud enough for 500 people to hear Him *_* )
I’m not the sharpest pencil, either, but I’m not aware of anyone telling parables, and even if there were someone doing that, I don’t think we are under any obligation to listen.

I wonder if they had megaphones in those days. Seriously.

M

mule

Did I leave a 0 off of that 500? My luck I would be sitting in the back and the people ahead of me are all wearing hats and talking.