Paralyzed at the Threshold...[I Feel Trapped]

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Fire7

I'll try not to make this long, because I've made several long threads in the past that explain things that are going on in my life.

But to sum it all up, I feel like I am going around and around and around in circles, non-stop. They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result. I know that I do this, but I don't know how to stop it. It's not just the way I think, but it's primarily because of my spirituality.

I'm trying the best I can to figure out where I fit into this universe. But this world seems too complex for me. There's too much to figure out that it's overwhelming. I feel utterly powerless. I can't go to the left, the right, up, down, back, or forward. I don't feel there is anyone I can really trust. This seems like an every-man-for-himself, get-in-where-you-fit-in world where no one knows anything but everyone just believes what is most convenient to them at the time. It makes no sense.

Truth has no definition. I grew up thinking that it did, but I'm now reevaluating everything that I have been taught, because so many things were wrong that were being portrayed as the ultimate truth. My biggest fear is dying and being shocked at what's on the other side. I'm scared of going to Hell. But I really feel that I'm not going to avoid it. Like I'm just damned if I do and damned if I don't, so what's the use of trying? I don't know who to confide in, because everyone seems to be so sure of themself but everyone is tellling me something different. So I don't know who to listen to. I think that maybe everyone is trying to servive just as hard as I am, so there really is no one that I can depend on. There seems to be no stability in the universe. The only thing that seems constant is loss. Everything just comes to go, so what is the use of enjoying it? what is the meaning of it all?

I am scared of going to Hell, and everyone in the "everything is relative" bunch tells me that I just need to change religions and belief systems. And everyone in the "turn or burn" bunch just tells me that I need to "believe" on Jesus and repent, and everything will be alright. I would be OK with accepting the advice from either side if there was a soilidity in at least one group. But the problem is I see so many holes in both groups. The fact is "believing" won't save me from anything. whatever the truth is, it will remain the same, regardless of my "beliefs." I need to KNOW the truth, but it seems to me like that is impossible... because truth has no definition.

I want to be as sure of my afterlife as though I am already there. I want to literally be there before I get there. That's the only way I will know where I'm going. Wishing, hoping, believing... it's simply not good enough for me... and will NEVER be! I'm tired of being told to "believe," "have hope," etc... I need to KNOW! I'm tired of all of the contradictions I have been seeing that are constant, rhetorical, redundant, and never-ending. But it looks like they will never end. I want to be free but no one has the key.

N

NoahsMom

I want to be free but no one has the key.
True, But the problem is I see so many holes in both groups.seek, for yourself, not for what someone else tells you that you need.( you know what you need better than anyone else).The fact is "believing" won't save me from anything. whatever the truth is, it will remain the same, regardless of my "beliefs." I need to KNOW the truth, but it seems to me like that is impossible... Believing and knowing can be two entirely different htings, just never stop searching, be patient.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Fire it is simple(Jesus)!(Savior) all you need, He has the key,s to your life,knowone else can do it for you,your decision?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Fire, been there , this is where be still and know that I am God, is my fave scripture. :)
Jesus is our rest in these times, simply because it does not involve what one is supposed to be doing, or understand, simply looking to Jesus in faith, and resting in Him, He will bring peace. :)
To often we end up looking to the world to bring reason, truth and understanding, the world being anything that is flesh or the world. :)
Jesus is bringing His rest in you, look to Him and recieve. :)
It can be a bit bumpy at first, bit thats only because one gets in their own way, wanting to have something solid to hold onto.
Give it all to Jesus, and know His rest, it is well worth the faith, hoope and love one is called to.

In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

Aug 25, 2011
Circlling the globe for Jesus!

Feb 17, 2010
Fire7, I was there where you are right now, and man becasue I am so stubborn when I am awake, I get my answers in dreams lorts of times. So I will share with you a dream, and I pray I can help you as that dream helped me to SEE THE TRUTH!...

I was in this great big circle and the circomforance of the circle was made up with about 20000 gates. Inside the circle were billions of people, and I am one of them. On the gates are adverizing boards... They said... American Methodist, New Apostolic, Dutch Reformed, Rhema, Old Apostolic, Potters House, Penticostal, Turn or burn, everything is relative, and ALL the dinominations of "Chrsitianity" muslim, hindo, buddah...ALL the religions were brightly advertized... I walked into one gate named "Dutch Reformed Church of South Africa" and after following the road behind the gate, i ended up back in the circle!

My man was I furious. That stupid gate took me back to the centre of the ring of gates... Then I decided...Wait I will not go into another gate again but i will mark some people that do go in... So I checked out some people I knoe and they went into some gates.... And not long after, they were standing right be my side in the centre of thering of life again. This stupid life here on earth!!!

Then I watched a man going to a bush covered gate that had no sighn on. This gate was narrow and old and very unattractive, and people walked past it in disgust. But i saw this man go in, and there was already something "wise" about the man, he walked in when he thought nobody was looking. I waited and waited and waited to see the man again. Then I started looking for the man... I asked people if they saw such a man... And that man NEVER returned.

Now I had hope, was that little old gate with no advertizing the way out? Then on my way there, i saw another person go in, now I waitd and I watched for that person's return. I compared the time "gone" to others that walked into the other gates... Yep, here they are back again... but that man and that other person is still gone.... And while the other gates took in thousands of people, VERY few went through this gate.

So I walked closer to the gate, lifted the bush and overgrowth, and then I saw.... : "The Word of God"... written on a small plank, in what looked like BLOOD! Then I knew.... I was going to try this gate.

Now you said: ... Truth has no definition.... But it has... LOOK what Jesus said TRUTH IS... Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And now the great news my friend.... Our way out of the circles is that WORD OF GOD!!! My friend read the Word of God with your heart soul and Body! and you shall know the Word and the Word is the Truth and Jesus is the Truth and The TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE!!!!

Just go to Jesus and ask Him to SHOW YOU HIS WORD! I pray this for you.... "Lord Jesus, set my friend free, AMEN!"

Last edited:
C

Consumed

Truth is found in Jesus, costs our selfish life to be laid down. Everything that is against Gods word needs to be crucified, but that only comes by our obedience and His grace to do for us what we naturally can't, starts with a choice, does one choose to follow after Him or live for themselves.
He is faithful even when we are not to see us thru but bible does make clear what areas needs to be addressed, flesh vs spirit, there's no luke warm

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Fire7, I was there where you are right now, and man becasue I am so stubborn when I am awake, I get my answers in dreams lorts of times. So I will share with you a dream, and I pray I can help you as that dream helped me to SEE THE TRUTH!...

I was in this great big circle and the circomforance of the circle was made up with about 20000 gates. Inside the circle were billions of people, and I am one of them. On the gates are adverizing boards... They said... American Methodist, New Apostolic, Dutch Reformed, Rhema, Old Apostolic, Potters House, Penticostal, Turn or burn, everything is relative, and ALL the dinominations of "Chrsitianity" muslim, hindo, buddah...ALL the religions were brightly advertized... I walked into one gate named "Dutch Reformed Church of South Africa" and after following the road behind the gate, i ended up back in the circle!

My man was I furious. That stupid gate took me back to the centre of the ring of gates... Then I decided...Wait I will not go into another gate again but i will mark some people that do go in... So I checked out some people I knoe and they went into some gates.... And not long after, they were standing right be my side in the centre of thering of life again. This stupid life here on earth!!!

Then I watched a man going to a bush covered gate that had no sighn on. This gate was narrow and old and very unattractive, and people walked past it in disgust. But i saw this man go in, and there was already something "wise" about the man, he walked in when he thought nobody was looking. I waited and waited and waited to see the man again. Then I started looking for the man... I asked people if they saw such a man... And that man NEVER returned.

Now I had hope, was that little old gate with no advertizing the way out? Then on my way there, i saw another person go in, now I waitd and I watched for that person's return. I compared the time "gone" to others that walked into the other gates... Yep, here they are back again... but that man and that other person is still gone.... And while the other gates took in thousands of people, VERY few went through this gate.

So I walked closer to the gate, lifted the bush and overgrowth, and then I saw.... : "The Word of God"... written on a small plank, in what looked like BLOOD! Then I knew.... I was going to try this gate.

Now you said: ... Truth has no definition.... But it has... LOOK what Jesus said TRUTH IS... Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

And now the great news my friend.... Our way out of the circles is that WORD OF GOD!!! My friend read the Word of God with your heart soul and Body! and you shall know the Word and the Word is the Truth and Jesus is the Truth and The TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE!!!!

Just go to Jesus and ask Him to SHOW YOU HIS WORD! I pray this for you.... "Lord Jesus, set my friend free, AMEN!"
So beautiful thanks for sharing. GOD bless.

Aug 27, 2011
Fire7,

Satan has sown confusion for 2000 years, and he delights in creating confusion about God's word and his church. He is twisting the word of God right from the start in the Old Testament and he will twist it today. Revelation 12, 9 says satan "deceives the whole world". Confusion is one of satan's most effective tools. He would love nothing better than to bury the Lord's church in a sea of confusion. It's like a needle in a haystack of needles. He has filled this earth with false churches.
I know this thread is not about "churches", rather I wanna point you to the Lord's Church. The Church that is the congregation which is the body of Christ. Those that believe in Him as their Saviour. That's it. Believe in Him and you will live. This should give you amazing peace. His peace :) Don't get caught up in the "who is right and who is wrong". Stand on the Word of God. Jesus' own words. "He who believes in me shall never die". It is not about denominations, and buildings, .... It's about believing in Jesus. What he has done for you on the cross and why.
Even in these forums there is nothing but division and arguments, it's exactly what satan wants. Don't buy into it, dont' let others tell you what is truth and what you should believe. Believe in Jesus. He is your security to heaven. :)
John 16:33
Romans 15:13
Romans 16:20
1 Cor. 14:33

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
The LORD loves you and life is about him and his glory. Will we chose his way or make our own way. There is only one truth and it is his. If you take the whole word of GOD and pray before you read and pray again when you come to something you do not understand. You will find the truth and it will set you free. When you find that place he will lead you into understanding because he will be your Shepherd and you will be a daughter of his people. That is Rachel ( innocence lamb). Rachel is secure with her Shepherd. she voluntariy submits to him and by this she controls her thoughts and emotions.Then what happends on the outside does not destroy who she is. There is peace when you follow the Shepherd.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
"I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE." Jesus Christ