Parents, as much as it is up to YOU don't EVER let your KIDS see your SELFISHNESS :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

Ou mau ve !

Never ever NEVER.
====
The Spirit inside you WILL lead you on this, the Holy Spirit God's willing to SHARE of Himself equally with whosoever RECEIVES Him . A mandated blessing in scripture too is 'this' :) Read the beginning of Acts 8, as it is easy to 'receive' Him inside your temple , easy as letting the Lord lead.

======Ok, moving on, with that beautiful Truth just ^ said....

It is interesting in scripture when one looks at the original Greek and Hebrew writings for closest translation of meaning for what Moses, Paul, Hosea, and, the other bible book authors said.

And, besides that yesterday to today translation earliest writings potency for understanding The Word, which all have access thru the internet or a Christian bookstore, or, library, there is this I want to say to YOU today, parents, guardians, really, this is to anyone who works with kids, like Sunday school teachers to school teachers:

”I will never leave you or forsake you. ”

Now, this Hebrews 13:5 verse explains the Love of God to us, not to mention His grace and mercy, which I think we can all agree are both enveloped in Love from God.

But, the word 'never' is quite a affirmative, sturdy, foundational word isn't it?
And, as powerful of itself is this word 'never,' the original meaning is three words and I wrote them at the top of this post, or, close to, someone like Avinu, can let us all know the exact spellings.

But those three words mean in the original Greek or Hebrew, for 'never' this: 'never ever never.'

So, when it comes to your kids, parents NEVER EVER NEVER let them see your selfish desires coming to.fruition. It will become BAD FRUIT , teach them, too, to , in words that reflect Jamrs dayings, we are to be 'doers , not sayers.'

I know , ALL our human nature screams show them the Disney, not the Focus On The Family or Dennis Rainey. I get that, I understand that. I'm with you , I'm beside you, I am selfish too with things. Just try , through prayer, praise, thanks, given to our Saviour, and, SEE what fruit it shows from the,inside out, exuding blessings for your family. Show by great example God's way, from tithing to your choices that are selfless, don't KID yourself, your kids see that act stuff of 'you--you' and not 'me-me.'

Boldly practicing unselfishness and UNDERSTANDING REJECTION by you KIDS will happen, at first, and, maybe the Lord will take some time to work through your kid(s) hearts.

Let the POWER of God resonate through this 'unselfishness' mission, being Spirit-willing (remember, 'The flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing,' bible says) will EVER EVER EVER change your life :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GreenNnice

Ou mau ve !

Never ever NEVER.
====
The Spirit inside you WILL lead you on this, the Holy Spirit God's willing to SHARE of Himself equally with whosoever RECEIVES Him . A mandated blessing in scripture too is 'this' :) Read the beginning of Acts 8, as it is easy to 'receive' Him inside your temple , easy as letting the Lord lead.

======Ok, moving on, with that beautiful Truth just ^ said....

It is interesting in scripture when one looks at the original Greek and Hebrew writings for closest translation of meaning for what Moses, Paul, Hosea, and, the other bible book authors said.

And, besides that yesterday to today translation earliest writings potency for understanding The Word, which all have access thru the internet or a Christian bookstore, or, library, there is this I want to say to YOU today, parents, guardians, really, this is to anyone who works with kids, like Sunday school teachers to school teachers:

”I will never leave you or forsake you. ”

Now, this Hebrews 13:5 verse explains the Love of God to us, not to mention His grace and mercy, which I think we can all agree are both enveloped in Love from God.

But, the word 'never' is quite a affirmative, sturdy, foundational word isn't it?
And, as powerful of itself is this word 'never,' the original meaning is three words and I wrote them at the top of this post, or, close to, someone like Avinu, can let us all know the exact spellings.

But those three words mean in the original Greek or Hebrew, for 'never' this: 'never ever never.'

So, when it comes to your kids, parents NEVER EVER NEVER let them see your selfish desires coming to.fruition. It will become BAD FRUIT , teach them, too, to , in words that reflect Jamrs dayings, we are to be 'doers , not sayers.'

I know , ALL our human nature screams show them the Disney, not the Focus On The Family or Dennis Rainey. I get that, I understand that. I'm with you , I'm beside you, I am selfish too with things. Just try , through prayer, praise, thanks, given to our Saviour, and, SEE what fruit it shows from the,inside out, exuding blessings for your family. Show by great example God's way, from tithing to your choices that are selfless, don't KID yourself, your kids see that act stuff of 'you--you' and not 'me-me.'

Boldly practicing unselfishness and UNDERSTANDING REJECTION by you KIDS will happen, at first, and, maybe the Lord will take some time to work through your kid(s) hearts.

Let the POWER of God resonate through this 'unselfishness' mission, being Spirit-willing (remember, 'The flesh is weak but the Spirit is willing,' bible says) will EVER EVER EVER change your life :)
=====
I hope no one feels I was picking on them, I was not, we all have selfishness in our nature, born into sinful man and, not sure if it is one of the 7 deadly sins but is is certainly deadly. Remember, what Jesus said to that throng of people wanting to condemn the prostitute, Mary Magdalene: 'He who is without sin cast the first stone.' No one threw a stone.

What does scripture say about selfishness ? Any verses to tell all us ?

But, yeah, I understand it can be difficult all the soccer games you take your kids too. I used to play growing up, at a high level, and, my Premier 1 team played 9 months out of the year and mom, dad, took me from 12 to age 16, when they were probably the happiest of all when I got my driver's license :D

But, seriously, mom, dad, God appreciates so much your selflessness for your kids and just wholeheartedly go in prayer and thanks to Him when down because you THINK you have no life from always having to haul kids, sometimes, not just yours' even, to soccer, baseball, fastpitch, etc, . He will give you reasons why you are blessed and be cheerfully hearted serving your kids, God's army for tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator: