Parents divorced, Dad's getting married.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

I don't understand why all this is happening...
My parent's were those I thought this would never happen to.
I can't even look at all the Christmas decorations in the stores, without remember how happy things use to be.
My parents have argued for years, and separated during my sr. year in highschool.
They just divorced a few weeks ago...maybe less, and now, my dad is getting married in a few months...oh yeah which is the reason he can't make his own daughter's birthday.

Mind you, this is the 3rd time my Dad will be getting married.
His previous marriage was when he was young, and idk why that ended.
He was with my mom for 30+ years... I don't get this
I did pray, my family did...and they divorced. My dad wanted it.

Has anyone been through divorces or parents? This is really hard to go through, and Its so hurtful
I have 4 sisters and a mom who still wears her wedding ring! :(

I don't know what God plans to do, but I don't want my Dad to go to hell over this.

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
I don't understand why all this is happening...
My parent's were those I thought this would never happen to.
I can't even look at all the Christmas decorations in the stores, without remember how happy things use to be.
My parents have argued for years, and separated during my sr. year in highschool.
They just divorced a few weeks ago...maybe less, and now, my dad is getting married in a few months...oh yeah which is the reason he can't make his own daughter's birthday.

Mind you, this is the 3rd time my Dad will be getting married.
His previous marriage was when he was young, and idk why that ended.
He was with my mom for 30+ years... I don't get this
I did pray, my family did...and they divorced. My dad wanted it.

Has anyone been through divorces or parents? This is really hard to go through, and Its so hurtful
I have 4 sisters and a mom who still wears her wedding ring! :(

I don't know what God plans to do, but I don't want my Dad to go to hell over this.
Hi Blindside
My parents separated when I was 7 and my little brother 2. It was very
difficult for me for all my years growing up. My parents hated each other
and I being the older bore the brunt of having to listen to their insults
about each other. The separation made life hell for both of us kids.
I got saved when I was 40 years old and God healed my broken heart.
When my dad was dying of cancer 8 years ago, I was devastated because
I could not spend time with him in his home with his second wife.
She did not like me from the first time I met her when I was 14 because
I lived with my mum and I was a representation of my mother and she
disliked my mum.
God showed me how even after so many years, we still
have to face the consequences of such actions that occurred in the past.

I gave everything to God and now I am in peace over it.

As for your situation, the real joy, real love & real peace, you
can only get
from our Father in heaven. Through him you will get the strength to go
through this situation and any other situation that may come your way.
The only thing you can do is to be a living testimony of Jesus Christ for
your parents and your sisters. Love them as Christ would love them.
Love is a powerful tool of Christ and it can turn hearts around.
As for your dad, pray for him and release Him into God's care because
you have no control of his heart, only God has.
Cast all your cares on him because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)

Last edited:

jb

Feb 27, 2010
^^ Good post Twinkle...

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

Well, my parents didn't divorce, I had many happy years growing up in a stable home, my parents were married for almost 40 years and were only separated by my Dad's death...

However, I am divorced, I won't go into all the details, the bottom line was I didn't want the divorce, but my wife did, so, she got what she wanted. I was determined that I was not going to end up bitter over it, but to use the circumstances for the Dear Lord Jesus to work in me and produce more of His character in me.

I do admit, I found it a very difficult, I lost my wife, marriage, house and (step) son (child by my wife's first marriage), also a few other things, however, I did not get a chip on my shoulder or develop a root of bitterness and since the time of the divorce, I have wished her everything good and hoping that she finds someone who does give her that I seemingly didn't (whaever that may be).

If I hadn't had had the Lord in my life, I don't know what I would have done, probably turned to drink/drugs as many do to deal with heartache, and even with the Lord Jesus with me, I still found it incredibly difficult to deal with it all.

So, I have not remarried simply because I have not found anybody I really like enough and have been 'on my own' for a number of years, but I was assured by the Lord Jesus at the time of the divorce that He did have someone else for me, so I will wait for the Lord to bring that person along.

Two things have helped in my healing, the Lord Jesus and time...

As regards your Dad, the only thing you can do for him is pray, and the Lord Jesus will work the rest out, for He desires ALL to come to a knowledge of the Truth and be saved...1Tim 2v4, 2Pet 3v9.

I really do feel for your Mum, she must be in such emotional turmoil...she certainly needs all the support she can get...

Yahweh Shalom...

B

BLINDSIDE_CHIK

Thank you both very much for sharing your experiences with me, it was helpful and thanks for answering my post :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you and your family....it must be very hard for all of you, especially your mom.

It shows your compassion for your father that you are concerned for his eternal salvation :). He's very blessed to have you for a daughter.