Parents, please dont divorce so easily once u decided to have a marriage!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

reve

Have been so many years, im still in serious pain of the divorced of my parents. its so upset to see parents hurting each other cuz both of them are so important to me. i love them !

how many time i cried out in the night and feel heart broken and helpless. all i can do was that keep praying and telling God what i feel. i believe he understands and he is the only one who i can trust and rely on in this world.
im still going though this and still feel so hurt and scared most of time but i belive i will recover one day.

God loves me very much and he has a big plan on me ! :)

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry you're suffering from your parents divorce! Do you have someone you can talk to about it? Or writing everything down may help. God hates divorce too....keep seeking Christ as the great comforter and counselor that He is. Don't give up...He has great plans for you and loves you immensely. He WILL lead you into wholeness and contentment.

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012
i wish they knew . YOU CANT HURT DAD WITHOUT HURTING REVE AND YOU CANT HURT MOM WITHOUT HURTING REVE.

R

reve

Thank u lucy, ur words r meaningful to me. Everything is too hard to stand. Except my two younger sis, I tell no one. Don't think anyone can really understand what I feel.
Why ppl make things complicate? Why parents said they love us but still none stop hurting us? Why parents lied to us?
We just want a complete, loved family!!

R

reve

Thank u seekingg, really hope my parents know what they doing and how hurt we feel. I will still pray for them.

S

Songbird_7

Reve, my parents never divorced, but we had a very dysfunctional home. I grew up feeling unloved as a victim of emotional abuse. As I've aged and drawn closer to God, I realize that I did nothing wrong to deserve how I was treated. It wasn't because I was somehow unlovable. Hurt people hurt people. I've had to forgive and let go of the ideal in my mind of a perfect family. I have found fulfillment and happiness in relationships with others who have stepped in and taken those roles....you don't have to be related by blood to be family. We are all a part of the family of God, and He loves us with unimaginable love. Surround yourself with other believers, love them and let them love you. That has brought tremendous healing in my life, and also learning about who God really is and how deep His love is for us. I am still trying to accept myself and realize that I don't need a perfect family to be happy. Let God love you and fill you with His Spirit. The hurt doesn't go away overnight. Keep praying for your parents. They probably have no idea how much they've hurt you and your siblings.

B

Batman007

My parents divorced when I was really young. I was really upset and hurt and I just wanted them to stay together. I used to watch the Parent Trap all the time and imagine that it was me bringing my parents together.

Then my sister sat down with me. She explained that my parents would be happier apart. She explained that it would end the fighting and the abuse. She said that it would be better for my parents to be happy apart than unhappy together. This made a lot of sense to me.

I know it's hard, but I'm sure you're parents have thought this through and decided it's what's best. You may not agree with it but trust them; they probably know what they're doing.

PANCAKES

Apr 26, 2009
reve, you are such a JEWL! A precious lovely person. I'm glad you love your parents, and I'm sorry they divorced. I'm praying that God heals you to the fullest like I know he will. :eek:

My parents divorced when I was 13. I was the happiest kid in the world when I found out. My first thought was "wow, I'm finally going to come home after school to a house where screaming isn't the norm." To this very day, I'm still so very thankful that God delivered my kid brother and I out of that situation.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Although my parents didn't divorce and still seem to love each very much, we were never a very close family. My dad never connected emotionally with any of his children...but he's also not a Christian...even scoffs at Christianity. When I see an especially loving family with close members I have to push down a voice that says.."why couldn't my family be like that?"

Be encouraged that God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit will step into your life and give you an even greater loving family than you could ever have on earth...if you ask Him to.

I've had to train myself out of jealousy ;)...and when I see this kind of family (which is very rare) I can sincerely thank God for them and ask Him to continue in living in them.

Another positive thing that I've gotten out of observing my parents is to pick out the good qualities to copy in my own parenting style and NOT do what I see my parents doing that is harmful to everyone. I think this is where God can bring good out of bad. In that way I can thank God for the parents that I was blessed with. Especially when I read in the news about what some parents do their own children, then I can truly be thankful.

Praying for your hurt...go to God to heal your heart.