Passover - Lords Supper - Communion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Rom 3:25 God sent Christ to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
(NOTE: Propitiation = to make reconciliation via atoning sacrifice)

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
(NOTE: KJV Dictionary Definition: remission = Forgiveness; pardon; that is, the giving up of the punishment due to a crime; as the remission of sins. Matt 26)

Lk 22:
19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup [is] the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Jesus implements Lord's Supper/Communion ordinance

Jn 6:
47 Verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.
(NOTE: Spiritual bread)

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
(NOTE: They ate the heavenly manna EVERYDAY! And when it was their time, died)

50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
(NOTE: Spiritual bread)

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
(NOTE: He Pre-exisited as God Jn 1:1. Christ's spirit is without beginning Micah 5:2)

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
(NOTE: If you don't partake in this Christ given communion ordinance, You'll have """NO LIFE""" in you)

1 Cor 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
(NOTE: In the Lord's Supper/communion we """Remember""" the past. The covenant that brings us the forgiveness of sins was ratified, or "cut," by the shedding of Jesus blood & His broken body. And forever sealed in resurrection power. When we partake, we look forward to the future: ""you do show the Lord's death until he comes"")

1 Cor 11:26 This ordinance is to be repeated """as often as you do it""" until Christ returns. Each time we proclaim His death in the Supper, we are also reminded that He is returning.

We are saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus Finished sin payment & resurrection. The sacraments themselves do not save us. Communion spiritually "nourishes & sustains" those already born again, "His Church/Body".

Psalms 105:37 They ate the LAMB & the next day: Although many were old ""NOT 1 WAS FEEBLE AMOUNG THEM""

Unleavened bread symbolizes "without sin" leaven symbolizes "sin". "Leaven or Yeast" puffs/swells up the dough. Sin often makes us "swell or puffed up with false pride"

Question: Are you a believer? Are you sickly or feeling ill? Have you been partaking in Communion REGULARLY?

Question 2: If you had were hungry & close starvation, would 1 meal completly restore your health?

The longer its been since you last partook in the Lords Supper or the sicker you are right now. The more often you should enter into Communion with the Lord!

The Temple Priests ate the showbread weekly Lev 24:5-9. It appers to me the early Church partook in the Lord's Supper/Communion not only weekly, but, many time's in one day (Acts 2:42, 46, 1 Cor 10:16-17) MOO! My Opinion Only FD