Pastors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
If you were a pastor of a Church what would you change about the way things are? (if you could)

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Ey Johnny sup? :)

Can't really comment because for starters i don't want to be a pastor.

But if i had to be one i would not teach tithing as a command but voluntary.

I would also concentrate more on the afterlife.

My service would be short and sweat (45min teaching on a specific subject and 15 min praise and worship) 10-11 AM on Sundays.

And will teach woman to be submissive and if they inquire anything they should ask their husband at home ;)

M

MaggieMye

That is a silly question that puts pastors either on the line or made to look as if they don't care, or don't want to try to change, IF they think changes should be made. Bottom line, if a pastor sees need for change it IS his responsibility to make it happen.

S

SantoSubito

I'd offer the Mass in Latin.

Feb 16, 2011
I would teach what I call "Complete Continuationism". Which means that none of the New Testament has ceased and that we are in the same dispensation as the Early Church. Somewhat like the Apostolic Church which teaches that all the offices of the church are possible today.
I would teach the inerrancy and infallability of the Word.
I would teach Sola Scriptura.
I would teach salvation by faith, not of works lest any man should boast.
I would teach Arminianism, Pre-millinialism, Futurism, Pentecostalism, Evangelicalism, Continuationism.
I would teach God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
I would baptise is the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and in the Name of Jesus (whichever they perfer).

Last edited:

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I would teach against legalism and how that the sabbath is sat,sun,mon,tue,wed,thur,fri,and start over at sat and repentance of the cross unto salvation and how Jesus said it is finished , and the new covenant of his blood and Christmas should be everyday of giving as well as breaking of bread and wineor(sharing his word together),but that is just my oppinion,as well as his love for the ungodly
and the sinner,would also baptise either way

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I would teach against legalism and how that the sabbath is sat,sun,mon,tue,wed,thur,fri,and start over at sat and repentance of the cross unto salvation and how Jesus said it is finished , and the new covenant of his blood and Christmas should be everyday of giving as well as breaking of bread and wineor(sharing his word together),but that is just my oppinion,as well as his love for the ungodly
and the sinner,would also baptise either way

PS the first sermon iwould preach is the story of the Little Red Hen, lol

777Yeshua777

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]I would teach:[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#1) We must study the Word in its original language to rightly divide it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#2) The common interpretation of much of the New Testament is completely incorrect. Jeremiah 16:19.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#3) The New Testament is actually “the Renewed Covenant.” The Hebrew word ”chadashah” is translated as “renew” in Job 10:17, Psalm 51:10, Psalm 103:4 and Lamentations 5:21. So, its use in Jeremiah 31:31 as “new” does not mean a “new” thing. It means the renewal of a thing.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#4) More than 30 times the Lord says that the Sabbath is to be kept throughout all generations as a sign between Him and His people. That did not change unless God is changeable. James 1:17, Malachai 3:6[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#5) When Paul wrote 2 Timothy 3:14-17 there was no “New Testament.” The only Scriptures Timothy could have studied from his youth was the Law, the Prophets and the Writings. God has no idle words. So ALL means ALL. Those words are the instruction for righteousness.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#6) We are saved by faith. The Law is the instruction on how to live AFTER salvation. Faith without works is dead. The works ARE the Law.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]After the children of Israel left Egypt they went to Mt Sinai. There they were given the Law. The were saved by the blood, then received instruction on righteousness, and those that endured saw the Promised Land. That is the model.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#7) Our Savior's Name is Yeshua. [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#8) Yeshua gave the Law – James 4:12[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#9) Yeshua obeyed the Law. He must have because the Word says He had no sin.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Romans 5:19, 2 Corinthians 5:21. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Sin is transgression of the Law. 1 John 3:4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]But, He also understood the Spirit of it was more important that the letter of it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Luke 13:10, Matthew 12:1-8, Luke 6:9, [/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#10) The Law is still the right thing to do. Matthew 5:17-20, Matthew 19:17,[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]John 14:15[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]#11) The Law is not a burden. It is a delight and a joy. Psalm 1:2, Psalm 40:8,[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Psalm 119:70, Psalm 119:77, Psalm 119:74, Romans 7:22[/FONT]

Obedience. 1 Samuel 15:22

Aug 18, 2011
1: Stop teaching Sola Scriptura (its not biblical)

2: Stop teaching our members that salvation is a mental affirmation rather than a spiritual transformation

3: Teach them all how to interpret the Bible in one linear fashion (not multi-faceted but in one concept)

4: Teach them that Christianity is a way to become transformed in body and soul, that it is not just a philosophical system but something much deeper

5: Teach them that Christ came to cure and to renew the entire man, soul and body, and to transform him entirely

6: Teach them how to become completely purified of sin and of evil spirits.

7: Teach them that if we were all free from sin, we would be divine like Jesus is (thus, we would also have the fullness of the Holy Spirit permeating our entire being; the glory of God), and that we need to take Holy Communion (his Body an Blood) into our bodies to be purified from all sin.

Last edited:
A

Abiding

If i was the pastor of my church id pray to be identical to him.
book by book...verse by verse. Praise and worship before and aft.
no plate is passed. Nope im amazed its as beautiful as it is.

Oct 2, 2011
If i was the pastor of my church id pray to be identical to him.
book by book...verse by verse. Praise and worship before and aft.
no plate is passed. Nope im amazed its as beautiful as it is.
This is exactly what I would pray, but where would we meet if the congregation didn't join together to pay the rent, lights ect...?

Wait, when you said ''him'', did you mean Jesus or your pastor?

Because my prayer would to be like Jesus.

A

Abiding

This is exactly what I would pray, but where would we meet if the congregation didn't join together to pay the rent, lights ect...?

Wait, when you said ''him'', did you mean Jesus or your pastor?

Because my prayer would to be like Jesus.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Bills are payed...church is top notch, radio ministry, overseas missions, school...etc.
true believers support the work of the kingdom, they dont need to be told.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I would try to encourage more fellowship. Try to break that clique mentality that seems to be in most churches

P

peterT

If you were a pastor of a Church what would you change about the way things are? (if you could)

I would like to see the church do more for the poor and have more afternoon tea’s and more lunches and more BBQ, and treat us more like a family and have more of a family environment, and bring us under their wing.

And as for Christian businesses they should hire Christians first, for let the children be filed first Jesus said.

And if they don’t have the faith to teach the post-tribulation coming, they should be more tolerant of the people that do, so we don’t feel like freaks when we come to church.

This is a church I would like to go too.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
i would teach that sin is sin, and we are all sinners saved by grace. getting drunk and telling lies and lust are all equal sins. most churches beat on the same sins and ignore others. i used the ones as examples,not a complete list.