Patience

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Rapturechris

Nov 28, 2018
Patience.

Put your hand up if you need patience. I will be the first to go forward.

God in all his majesty and glory is a patient God. Hence one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is patience (Galatians 5:22-23).
We are called to be patient people. Patient towards those that do evil and patient towards those being conformed into the image of Jesus Christ.

God since the dawn of time has been patient towards humanity. His patience ran out when he destroyed the world with a flood however since then he has promised never to do it again regardless of our evil intentions.
That’s a very patience God wouldn’t you agree?

Simply God calls us to also be patient and not quick to get angry. There will always be things that will get your blood boiling however we are to refrain from giving the devil a chance in bringing charges against us for our childish behaviour.
According to Paul in the Bible we are meant to wait and allow God to give just punishment to those that do us evil. I’m not saying not to live under the law of the land but when people treat us wickedly we have to be kind in return.

The reason why I suppose is because it’s in our nature already to be wicked and evil. So to do something too easily from our bad natures shouldn’t expect a reward. However to do something opposite to our evil nature shows we are being transformed into the image of Jesus Christ.

Eventually the Bible says in Romans that God will deliver a just reward to everyone. Those that he has predestined to be vessels of mercy will receive a merciful reward and those that have been predestined to be sons of wrath (vessels of wrath) will receive a wrathful reward.
If you’re in a relationship where you find yourselves bickering and squabbling all the time, seeking to argue and fight be careful you’re not giving the devil a foothold in that relationship. Because when we face God will reward us for our patience towards all.
Sometimes we must walk away from people who choose to be vessels of wrath as not to give the devil a foothold in our own holiness journeys. Sometimes we have to go to the next town like Jesus and the apostles did and shake the dust off our feet from the last non believing town.

In saying this we should try and give people a chance. Those in our inner circles and those outside it.
We all walked in darkness once…and we still sin however we allow the Holy Spirit to transform us by doing what his Bible asks us to do in Character and deeds.

I’ll be the first to admit I need help in this area and I hope you will be to.

Blessings.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: