Patient

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

2RX

Why is it so hard to be patient these days? Is it because we all know we are running out of time.

A

Abiding

Actually longsuffering is to suffer long. And patience also is to be grevious at the time. So if you find it hard...your right on track...:)
There are alot of things we can do, or want, to aggravate ourselves but He will show those to us eventually through trials....so let patience have its perfect work..:)

running out of time? hmmm out of time for what? just curious.

A

AnandaHya

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:

1 Timothy 6:6
Now godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8
And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Be still and wait upon the Lord.
I was reading this scriture last night as it has been set before me alot lately.
I am often impatient when it comes to understanding or what to do.
I saw in this scriture that wait upon the Lord was not so much about waiting for God to do what we ask.
But to wait for His presance, will care and guidence, another words...
Dont run way ahead on the path with out Him. :)
We are to walk with Jesus. :)

God bless.
pickles

May 21, 2009
Why is it so hard to be patient these days? Is it because we all know we are running out of time.

1. James 1:12
    Blessed (happy, to be envied) is the man who is patient under trial and stands up under temptation, for when he has stood the test and been approved, he will receive [the victor's] crown of life which God has promised to those who love Him.
    James 1:11-13 (in Context) James 1 (Whole Chapter)

1. Matthew 6:27
    And who of you by worrying and being anxious can add one unit of measure (cubit) to his stature or to the span of his life?
    Matthew 6:26-28 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Matthew 6:31
    Therefore do not worry and be anxious, saying, What are we going to have to eat? or, What are we going to have to drink? or, What are we going to have to wear?
    Matthew 6:30-32 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Matthew 6:34
    So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.
    Matthew 6:33-34 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)

You should be rejoicing the end is near. Ask God to help calm you.