Pentecostal and Baptist both go to Heaven.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
Do you think the Baptist will have their Heaven while all the Pentcostals are in the Spirit?

Feb 16, 2011
I believe that we will go to heaven together, but I don't believe the Baptist believe in speaking in tongues or baptism in the Holy Spirit.

E

eternally-gratefull

I believe that we will go to heaven together, but I don't believe the Baptist believe in speaking in tongues or baptism in the Holy Spirit.
I am a former baptist. and I have always (as do they) believed in the baptism of the HS. I am not sure where you get that they do not believe this.

There are many types of baptists. Some are very legalistic in their doctrines. Some are not. The ones who teach a true grace oriented salvation not by works will be in heaven.

It is the gospell which gets us to heaven. Not speaking in tongues or whatever.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Probably what the bible says in revelation.and I saw around the throne people of all nations and all kindreds and people and tounges.
These were those who made it out of the great tribulation. Just like here we are all different but we seem to have the same goal.

May 6, 2011
yeah i dont think speaking in tongues or whatever mumbo-jumbo in the spirit pentecostal stuff you mentioned has any effect on whether someone goes to heaven

Feb 16, 2011
I believe because there is only one interpretation of the Bible that God will be sorting out our differences and telling us who is right and who is wrong.

May 21, 2009
I don't think all baptist are the same. I was in a baptist church and the Holy Spirit told me he wasn't allowed to dwell there. So that made me afraid for them.

You don't have to speak in tongues to go to heaven. You have to believe in Jesus. The fact that they lack in the things of God doesn't make them not go to heaven. It makes them miss out while on earth. God won't force anyone to be empowered by him.

In another baptist church I seen a preacher about choke himself half to death trying to not speak in tongues now that was a funny sight.

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
Speaking in tongues and baptism in the Holy Spirit isn't what saves someone. So it doesn't matter if a person believes in speaking in other tongues or not.

F

FireOnTheAltar

Wheat and tares can be found in all churches regardless of denomination or belief system.