Pentecostal Holiness versus Church of Pentecost

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackpowderduelist

The idea that a denomination is bad is not necessarily correct. it was doctrinal fidelity that Martin Luther protested against the RCC. The reason why there are so many is that people built around a movement of God instead of following God.
I think it's more the pride of men, bad doctrine, enthusiastism, pietism, bad theology, revivalism, satanic deception, and willful ignorance.

B

Blackpowderduelist

...and we are to speak the Truth in LOVE.....:unsure::giggle::love:(y)
Meaning that we do not use words designed to injure. And we don't get carried away with our hurt feelings, we stick to the truth, with reconciliation as the end goal.

CS1

May 23, 2012
I think it's more the pride of men, bad doctrine, enthusiasm, pietism, bad theology, revivalism, satanic deception, and willful ignorance.
I do not think we can say it is all. If what you say about those in denominations are

"pride of men, bad doctrine, enthusiasm, pietism, bad theology, revivalism, satanic deception, and willful ignorance."

are those not in one any less the same? it is when you place your faith in :

• man / personality
  • denomination
  • the gifting of the person

Instead of God?

B

Blackpowderduelist

I do not think we can say it is all. If what you say about those in denominations are

"pride of men, bad doctrine, enthusiasm, pietism, bad theology, revivalism, satanic deception, and willful ignorance."

are those not in one any less the same? it is when you place your faith in :

• man / personality
  • denomination
  • the gifting of the person

Instead of God?
I was more referring to the formation, not the current status. They are what they are now, and many Good Christians among them all

CS1

May 23, 2012
I was more referring to the formation, not the current status. They are what they are now, and many Good Christians among them all
Ok got you ,

thank you for the clarity.