Pepsi has stopped using aborted fetus stem cells to test flavor (yay!)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Liz01

despite this, i dont think i would be able to drink a pepsi again......

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I dont think they were doin that in the first place

Aug 2, 2009
I dont think they were doin that in the first place
You can think whatever you want, but the lab they hired was doing just that - using kidney cells from aborted fetuses to test flavors. Just because something sounds ridiculous doesn't automatically mean its untrue.

TheKringledOne

Dec 25, 2009
I thought it was against the law to use new strains of stem cells. Could they have been using cloned stem cells that were put in an environment that would make those cells differentiate into kidney cells?

Jul 25, 2005
Coke is still a better product.

M

meld27

I don't understand, it's not because it sounds crazy, but how can they use aborted stem cells? 1-is that not illegal? 2-where do they find all these aborted fetuses? I really doubt a big company like pepsi would put it's reputation on the rocks by doing something so disgusting and/ illegal. People can make up stories just to bring a big corporation down.

M

miktre

I gotta say I have stopped buying their products and even consuming their products. Out of the millions of sweeteners you can extract from plants, in what world is it not gonna taste right without aborted fetus extracts. That they considered it is in of itself more than enough.

W

wwjd_kilden

I find it highly unlikely that they ever did that. As has been said, how would they get access to them?
Rob a hospital?....

(concidering the ammount of fake sweeteners and colors in any product of that kind neither pepsi nor coke sounds too tempting really. )

G

grigio

Oh sweet let's all go buy and consume large amounts of Pepsi! If this story was in a science fiction novel we would discard it as too far-fetched. And yet here we are.

M

miktre

I find it highly unlikely that they ever did that. As has been said, how would they get access to them?
Rob a hospital?....
Actually it's not like that at all. Here's a quote from the article:
"So far, researchers using aborted fetal cell lines haven’t been able to cure paralysis or reverse the effects of Parkinson’s disease, but they may be able to make diet sodas taste better.PepsiCo has come under intense pressure from pro-life groups for contracting with Senomyx Inc., a San Diego biotech company accused of developing flavor enhancers using cell lines taken from the kidney of an aborted fetus. PepsiCo, the world’s second-largest food and beverage business, announced the $30 million deal on its website in August 2010."

T

Tumnus

despite this, i dont think i would be able to drink a pepsi again......

You and me both Liz01. I have a friend that is a Pepsi fiend and when I told her about the article she told me that it wouldn't stop her from drinking it every day. Aborted fetal stem cells aside, which is disturbing enough in of itself, the amount of chemicals and sugar in a Pepsi should stop people in their tracks. Oh well, to each his own.