Perfectionism Heresy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 9, 2011
No it's not what i meant, i am just saying it is far better to admit we are bad (humility) then to teach how great and marvelous we can be (exaltation)

I don't care how many time you fast, pray, or even reading the Word of God and attending church twice a week IF you DON'T admit that you are actually a sinner you will be humbled.

Luke 10:14
I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

I admit that I am the righteousness of God in Christ. To humble one self is to set aside self and put on the Christ for yourself.

You exalt sin in yourself and try to sound holy as a sinner. Your effort may sound noble and holy to the fellow flesh man but is foolishness to the one who comes and takes that sin from you. In this flesh is no good thing and sin, but we in Christ are not of this flesh and in Christ is righteousness in the Holy Ghost.

The difference in you and I is sin, you exalt sin I exalt the one who is without sin. But I do agree with you that you are a sinner, I’m not disputing that at all, you have made that clear just as I have made clear that in Christ one cannot sin. What I am disputing is that Christ can’t take that sin from you and that sin takes presence over the one who came to take it away.

I suppose one would have to know what it is to be His righteous to know what it is to be without sin.