Perhaps Jesus already spoke to you, but you didn’t take in the message

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Perhaps Jesus already spoke to you, but you didn’t take in the message:

• “Let not your heart be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, so that where I am, you may be also. And *where I go you know, and the way you know*. Thomas said to Him, Lord, we do not know where You go, and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me. ” (John 14.1-6).

Take heed that Jesus was clear: “they knew where Jesus went to and the way to get there”. However, Thomas gainsaid Jesus. As Jesus never fail, we can infer that:

• The apostles knew that Jesus was going to the cross (especially because Jesus several times prophesied it – for instance, Matthew 16.21; 17.22; 20.18; 26.2; Mark 9.31; 10.33; Luke 9.44). Nonetheless, they didn’t wish to accept this word.
  • Likewise, many people say that Jesus didn’t answer their prayer because the things didn’t come about as they longed for. Until when will we be stubborn and try to force the Lamb to do the things according to the vision of our eyes or the hearing of our ears (John 7.34)?
  • The apostles knew the way (Jesus). Unfortunately, they didn’t figure out this.

It’s doleful when we have all that we need to be elated and triumphant, but we can’t discern this. Many times we are seeking out things that Jesus already imparted us (see 1Cor 2.9; Ephesians 1.3; 2Peter 1.3). Therefore, if we don’t find them, or:

• we are looking for in a wrong place;
  • we are going after the wrong thing;
  • we aren’t valuing correctly and being grateful for the boons that are with us.

Have a nice day in Christ Jesus poring on this. Tomorrow we continue (with the permission of the Creator).