Persecution in Egypt - Does anyone care?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
This is an interesting link concerning the aggressiveness of militant Islamists in Egypt. The persecution of the Coptic Christians is becoming more and more severe. The Coptic Christian community is descended from the early church hat was there in the 4th century AD, and constitutes 10% of the population.

The article asks the question "Does anyone care?" but is specifically referring to the fact that no nation seems to care about their plight in their ancient homeland.

Here is the link to the article.

The world's most ancient Christian communities are being destroyed — and no one cares - The Week

P

phil112

I care. obama doesn't.

B

biscuit

I care. obama doesn't.
I care also but it is the fault of Congress. It approves of a billion dollars worth of aid without a humanitarian gesture toward human rights (protecting the Christians). Tell the military that its aid will be slashed 50% if it doesn't protect the Christians. I bet that will get its attention.

K

KittenofMelchisedek

Christians have been persecuted since Christ, whoever said someone had to stop it? Not being crass, I'm just saying, when there's persecution people usually leave the area. They come here and then we give them asylum or whatever, and welfare.

Dec 18, 2013
I have heard mentions of such persecution (though none hard confirmed in our media) following the ouster of Mubarak. Seems like now that Morsi is ousted and there is a power vacuum much turmoil has befallen Egypt, regardless of anyones religion. Thus is the nature of chaos.

Though you are good to bring up the specific persecution of the Coptic Christians in Egypt because I too feel it has been largely ignored in the West. Though I should add a lot of the Egypt turmoil since Morsi's ouster has been hushed up in Western Media. I think this is moreso to do with Egypt being a big time ally with America and US wanting to try to maintain the alliance, than the USA wanting to ignore Christians. It has been going on for some time too. I really hope that Egypt gets order restored and maybe they will be able to stop the persecution of the Christians, and just all the violence in general.

Thanks for bringing attention to this issue and for providing us with a news link.