Personal prophecy

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fundaamental

Well-known member
Mar 17, 2023
3,289
421
83
Hi just thought I would start this conflicting debate with a different mindset, to what it's been started with befor today.

Could you all share your thoughts on personal prophecy between an individual and the holy spirit.

My thoughts would be such a personal prophecy could come in the way of seeking or wanting to know God's will for you personally in your life.

I thought I would start this thread on my understanding of personal prophecy and not somebodies one track pony thanks in advance 😍
 
@Fundaamental : You're a funny man, bro!!
well I asked the lord if I could rid the river of pike today on the basis of me feeling sorry for the golden Carp and rainbow trout , and wahooooo I caught 10 pike.

As I always say gone gone fishing wahooooooo 😊.

But I'm sure the lord said the net will be plentiful today. But then I wondered if that was a figment of my imagination
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tall_Timbers
well I asked the lord if I could rid the river of pike today on the basis of me feeling sorry for the golden Carp and rainbow trout , and wahooooo I caught 10 pike.

As I always say gone gone fishing wahooooooo 😊.

But I'm sure the lord said the net will be plentiful today. But then I wondered if that was a figment of my imagination
@Fundaamental : Nice one, bro! Keep up the great work!!
 
I'm ready for sitting on the corner of my wet dripping roof for another week but this is a personal prophecy I would rather not want to come to pass.

Unless I could fish at the same time

But if the force is strong then the will, will be done,

I could ask in prayer for a brother or two to come to my barbecue and maybe the request might be full of devine will that God may find irresistible to reward my request where even some brothers bring some grub to,

My brothers could even help me flip my boat and another personal prophecy of killing two birds with one stone could come true. Hmmm who fancies a Canadian stake sandwich
 
  • Like
Reactions: OLDMANBORNAGAIN
As we see no challenges what so ever to personal prophecy between an individual and the holy spirit.

So here we go, the Bible tells us the lord will prepare works in advance for his believers. You reçieve a message to apply for a certain Job.

You apply for it and get it.

At the Job the workplace there is many unbelievers.

The believer gets more prophecy as to what that works will be, and it comes true.

Part of the works you where given was to lead an unknown person to Christ through yourself being a true witness for Gods kingdom as God gives you the words to say to to the unbeliever, you say them

This also comes true, you meet an unbeliever who you lead to Christ.

Watch out here comes a load of challenges 😬
 
I find no need for personal prophesy. All the information a person needs for knowing and doing the will of God and living a Godly life, is found in the scriptures.
 
Me think that personal is a word that is frowned upon.
But if we use the word personal for a private walk, I doubt it would become so personal.

But obviously when personal is used with the word prophecy, somehow for some the walk is personal in a whole new way. and there personal walk becomes more personal than the next person.

😋 All Tho personally myself speaking on behalf of the holy spirit and the church, when a person becomes saved they are apart of a church so individuality shouldn't apply here but it does.
 
I find no need for personal prophesy. All the information a person needs for knowing and doing the will of God and living a Godly life, is found in the scriptures.
I bet you never even gave personal prophecy a second thought until a few people here made a doctrine out of it, lets be honest here, and tell us did Personaly prophecy ever cross your mind until someone made it so personal to have no value ?.
 
I bet you never even gave personal prophecy a second thought until a few people here made a doctrine out of it, lets be honest here, and tell us did Personaly prophecy ever cross your mind until someone made it so personal to have no value ?.
This is an old subject, i have been to charismatic assemblies where it is the norm to practice "personal prophecy". (Mostly vague platitude)
After much study of scripture, I learned it is not necessary, that scripture provides all.
 
This is an old subject, i have been to charismatic assemblies where it is the norm to practice "personal prophecy". (Mostly vague platitude)
After much study of scripture, I learned it is not necessary, that scripture provides all.
see there's your answer you became persuaded by some individuals and not the holy spirit.

And now a charismatic should convince other Christians personal prophecy has no value.

When did a charismatic become the holy spirit.

So where back to seeing bad in other people to show personal prophecy has no value between an individual and the holy spirit.

Because this thread is aimed at this type of personal prophecy first, to establish its substance first most. but once again it's jumped to just being about personal Prophecy from one individual to another, or at least that's what your identifying it with I think.

Ok so this means that personal walks also only hold any value too if you don't have 1000s of beliefs that other people don't have. Or do you not understand this ?.
 
see there's your answer you became persuaded by some individuals and not the holy spirit.
Scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
And now a charismatic should convince other Christians personal prophecy has no value.
Im not charismatic. In any sense of the word.

When did a charismatic become the holy spirit.
They claim to know the Holy Spirit.

Because this thread is aimed at this type of personal prophecy first, to establish its substance first most. but once again it's jumped to just being about personal Prophecy from one individual to another, or at least that's what your identifying it with I think.
The Holy Spirt has spoken through scripture, and leads us and helps us in moral situations through those scriptures.

Ok so this means that personal walks also only hold any value too if you don't have 1000s of beliefs that other people don't have. Or do you not understand this ?.
I have no idea what this means. Who has 1000s of beliefs?

Scripture provides all the knowledge and information and power to live God's will.
 
Scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Im not charismatic. In any sense of the word.


They claim to know the Holy Spirit.


The Holy Spirt has spoken through scripture, and leads us and helps us in moral situations through those scriptures.


I have no idea what this means. Who has 1000s of beliefs?

Scripture provides all the knowledge and information and power to live God's will.
My point was why should.i be concerned how certain people act or conduct there affairs in one matter, but also holding value to something I believe in ?. Should I be persuaded to disregard what scriptures says spoken by Paul a born again Christian held in high regards, who is known to only speak holy spirit inspired scripture.

Let's say I'm a new convert and the first I hear about personal prophecy is from an individual who is twisted, of course I may draw a picture he is not being led by the holy spirit and possible his personal prophecy is nonsense, I could even think at that point personal prophecy must not exist.

But if I knew the scripture befor hand that we are to seek gift of prophecy, no amount of false doctrine is going to convince. because it's not true of one person doesn't mean it's not true of another.

Where told to especially seek the gift of prophecy for compassion comfort and edification .

Especially means the holy spirit finds this relationship of personal prophecy .very dear to our hearts and the holy spirit's heart.

So with all dew respect your barking up the wrong tree here