Peter E. Gillquist.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Rev. Fr. Peter E. Gillquist. Books by.

"Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publications Data

Gillquist, Peter E.
Becoming Orthodox: a journey to the ancient Christian faith/ Peter E. Gillquist. -- Rev. ed.
ISBN 0-9622713-3-0 $10.95
1. Antiochian Evangelical Orthodox Mission - History. 2. Evangelical Orthodox Church - History. 3. Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America -- History. 4. Orthodox Eastern Church -- United States -- History. 5. Orthodox Eastern Church - Doctrines. 6. Gillquist, Peter E. I. Title.
BX 738 .A743 G55 1992

Gillquist, Peter E. (1979). The Physical Side of Being Spiritual. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1984). Making America Orthodox. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1978). Love Is Now. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1974). Let's Quit Fighting About the Holy Spirit. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

S

Scotth1960

Gillquist, Peter E.
Becoming Orthodox: a journey to the ancient Christian faith/ Peter E. Gillquist. -- Rev. ed.
1. Antiochian Evangelical Orthodox Mission - History. 2. Evangelical Orthodox Church - History. 3. Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America -- History. 4. Orthodox Eastern Church -- United States -- History. 5. Orthodox Eastern Church - Doctrines. 6. Gillquist, Peter E. I. Title.
BX 738 .A743 G55 1992

Gillquist, Peter E. (1979). The Physical Side of Being Spiritual. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1984). Making America Orthodox. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1978). Love Is Now. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

Gillquist, Peter E. (1974). Let's Quit Fighting About the Holy Spirit. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan.

Friends,
"The Great Schism
"Conflict between the Roman Pope and the East mounted -- especially in the Pope's dealings with the Patriarch of Constantinople. It was even asserted that the Pope had the authority to decide who should be the bishop of Constantinople, something which violated historical precedent and which no Orthodox bishop could endure. The net result of this assertion was that the Eastern Church, and in fact the entire Christian Church, was seen by the West to be under the domination of the Pope.
"A series of intrigues followed one upon the other as the Roman papacy began asserting an increasing degree of unilateral and often authoritarian control over the rest of the Church. Perhaps the most incredible incident among these political, religious, and even military intrigues, as far as the East was concerned, occurred in the year A.D. 1054. A cardinal, sent by the Pope, slapped a document on the altar of the Church of Holy Wisdom in Constantinople during the Sunday worship, excommunicating the Patriarch of Constantinople from the Church!" (page 52: Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith. Revised and expanded edition. Peter E. Gillquist. Copyright 1992, Conciliar Press, Ben Lomond, CA).".

God bless you. Amen. In Erie Scott Harrington August 2011 AD

Aug 12, 2010
Harrington, Scott (2008) - How to Aggresively Disseminate EO Propaganda on Christian Forums

S

Scotth1960

Harrington, Scott (2008) - How to Aggresively Disseminate EO Propaganda on Christian Forums
Strangelove, Dr. (2011). How to Insult Others and Get Away with It. Appeal to a false use of the Holy Bible.

S

Scotth1960

Get ready for a ride Scotty.
So really, What is Dr. Strangelove's favorite book, next to the Bible? By what doctrine or tradition do you understand and live by the Bible? What is the true faith for which Strangelove people follow? Is there a written statement of Strangelove beliefs?

Aug 12, 2010
So really, What is Dr. Strangelove's favorite book, next to the Bible? By what doctrine or tradition do you understand and live by the Bible? What is the true faith for which Strangelove people follow? Is there a written statement of Strangelove beliefs?
I've already given you my answers Scott.

Are you gonna answer mine in this thread:

Why Catholics pray to Mary or Saints ??

S

Scotth1960

Gillquist, Peter E.
BX 738 .A743 G55 1992

Dear friends, Here is a good quote from another great book by Peter E. Gillquist:

"Our Lord Jesus Christ gave authority to the Twelve to preach the Gospel and build the Church, and they passed on this authority to others. The first instance of their doing so is recorded in Acts 6, on the occasion of the ordination of the first seven deacons. As the Church grew, her governmental and service needs grew with her, and the Apostles responded accordingly." (page 105: Designed For Holiness. by Peter E. Gillquist. Ann Arbor, MI: Servant Books, 1982.).

God bless you. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

S

Scotth1960

I've already given you my answers Scott.

Are you gonna answer mine in this thread:

Why Catholics pray to Mary or Saints ??

Dear strange-love.
I am not a papist. Papists are not Catholics. The true Catholics are the Orthodox Christians.

I do not know whether or not papists pray to Mary and to the saints. If they do, that is between them and God. It is certainly right to pray THROUGH the saints and Mary, rather than TO them. The Saints and Mary are IN God, so we pray to God; since Mary and the Saints are alive now in heaven, they can pray for us. So we can ask God to answer their prayers for us. They pray for our salvation. Thus:
Through the prayers of our holy fathers, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us" and Through the prayers of Thy most pure Mother, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Scott Erie PA

Aug 12, 2010
Dear strange-love.
I am not a papist. Papists are not Catholics. The true Catholics are the Orthodox Christians.

I do not know whether or not papists pray to Mary and to the saints. If they do, that is between them and God. It is certainly right to pray THROUGH the saints and Mary, rather than TO them. The Saints and Mary are IN God, so we pray to God; since Mary and the Saints are alive now in heaven, they can pray for us. So we can ask God to answer their prayers for us. They pray for our salvation. Thus:
Through the prayers of our holy fathers, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us" and Through the prayers of Thy most pure Mother, Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us. Amen.

Scott Erie PA
THROUGH....TO....

No distinction.

Its necromancy.

Are repose members of your congregation saints?

....10th request.