Peter Ruckman - Why people don't read the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEpolNJUPxg[/video]

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I think some fear seeing something that will convict them.

I often hear people say they don't have time to read the Bible......

Time is what we make of it, one has time but does not see it well spent reading the Bible...

I mean with all the tv shows people spend time watching or meaningless hobbies they spend time doing, to say you don't have time is an excuse not a reason.

My sister asked me what the 10 Commandments were, to give her an example, i said you shall not steal, to whcich she accused me of using because of an incident when she was young, which was out of my mind at the time, yet she decided i used that one with.." intent" of course I didn't but that touched her conscience and she wanted to hear no more...... She did not know what Yahshua the Messiah will save her from....

So, yes people avoid it because they fear conviction, yet they are convicted in ignorance and try to "make the most of life while they have time"

Z

zaggamorre

1. They're busy :-(
And for sure, they haven't yet the idea how a book like this have it 'all' (history,psychology,humor, politics, love, ethics,science,geography, horror,poetry,health & sanity --eheh;-)

S

SantoSubito

I would say many Christians (probably most) read the Bible with some regularity, but they never venture out of familiar books. Most stay in the Gospels and the shorter Pauline Epistles and never touch the OT, because to them the OT is foreign and hard to understand.

I even met one lady that just had a large print edition of the Gospels and Psalms and that's all she ever read.

R

Rickee

Peter Ruckman is a False Prophet. He has a Bible College where I live. He
calls People who want to follow the Biblical Teaching of Water Bapptism, " Water Dogs"....Shows you his hostile attitude.