Pizza Isn't A Sandwich Declares The State Of New York

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

pizza1.jpg

In case you awoke this morning, totally confused if pizza is or is not a sandwich, your confusion can be put to rest. The government of New York has declared pizza (and many other foods), not a sandwich.

You can't make this stuff up. Law makers spent time defining a sandwich. They even published their findings to a website.
Sandwiches

sandwich.jpg

SandwichesTax Bulletin ST-835 (TB-ST-835)Printer-Friendly Version (PDF)Issue Date: April 13, 2011

Introduction

Sandwiches are generally subject to sales tax. This bulletin explains what is considered a sandwich for sales tax purposes. Additional resources relating to sales of food and beverages (e.g., sales by restaurants or food stores, sales from vending machines, or sales of candy) are listed at the end of this bulletin.
What is considered a sandwich

Sandwiches include cold and hot sandwiches of every kind that are prepared and ready to be eaten, whether made on bread, on bagels, on rolls, in pitas, in wraps, or otherwise, and regardless of the filling or number of layers. A sandwich can be as simple as a buttered bagel or roll, or as elaborate as a six-foot, toasted submarine sandwich.
Some examples of taxable sandwiches include:

• common sandwiches, such as:
    • BLTs (bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches);
    • club sandwiches;
    • cold cut sandwiches;
    • grilled cheese sandwiches;
    • peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
    • salad-type sandwiches (e.g., chicken, egg, ham, and tuna);
  • bagel sandwiches (served buttered or with spreads, or otherwise as a sandwich);
  • burritos
  • cheese-steak sandwiches;
  • croissant sandwiches;
  • fish fry sandwiches;
  • flatbread sandwiches;
  • breakfast sandwiches;
  • gyros;
  • hamburgers on buns, rolls, etc.;
  • heroes, hoagies, torpedoes, grinders, submarines, and other such sandwiches;
  • hot dogs and sausages on buns, rolls, etc.;
  • melt sandwiches;
  • open-faced sandwiches;
  • panini sandwiches;
  • Reuben sandwiches; and
  • wraps and pita sandwiches.
Exempt sales

Sales of sandwiches are not taxable if the purchaser is exempt from sales tax and gives the seller a properly completed exemption certificate.
Purchases for resale

Sandwiches generally cannot be purchased for resale. When a sandwich that has been taxed is subsequently resold, the seller must collect tax from the purchaser on the selling price. However, the seller may take a credit on its sales tax return for the actual amount of tax that it originally paid.

Note: A Tax Bulletin is an informational document designed to provide general guidance in simplified language on a topic of interest to taxpayers. It is accurate as of the date issued. However, taxpayers should be aware that subsequent changes in the Tax Law or its interpretation may affect the accuracy of a Tax Bulletin. The information provided in this document does not cover every situation and is not intended to replace the law or change its meaning.

Nov 30, 2012
It's probably about taxes. Like when the U.S. decided that tomatoes are vegetables, even though scientifically they are fruit.

Dec 12, 2013
Can you say....This country and the majority of the leadership have lost the last marble in their collective head......boy am I glad they have all of this important (crap) to deal with.......!

Nov 30, 2012
I'm not sure when it happened, but law at this point is trying to logically walk through a maze created by illogical minds. I'm afraid we're on the verge of "welp, gonna have to tear the damn thing down just to fix it."

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Probably the same wiseacres that were trying to figure out what marriage is and came up with 'two bolts'. :confused: :confused:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
why would anyone try to say that pizza IS a sandwich. nothing about it resembles a sandwich. some of the stuff that folks waste their time with..........

I

inthewind

I vaguely remember some congressional law regarding Pizza being classified as a vegetable but its all mumbo jumbo to me much like the ingredients listed below from Kristin Wartman: Pizza Is a Vegetable? Congress Defies Logic, Betrays Our Children These are the ingredients for the "traditional 4x6 school pizza" made by ConAgra:

CRUST: (Enriched wheat flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, soybean oil, dextrose, baking powder (sodium bicarbonate, sodium aluminum sulfate, cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate, calcium sulfate), yeasts (yeast, starch, sorbitan monostearate, ascorbic acid), salt, dough conditioners (wheat flour, salt, soy oil, L-cysteine, ascorbic acid, fungal enzyme), wheat gluten, soy flour). SAUCE: (water, tomato paste (31 percent NTSS), pizza seasoning (salt, sugar, spices, dehydrated onion, guar and xanthan gum, garlic powder, potassium sorbate, citric acid, tricalcium phophate and soybean oil (prevent caking)), modified food starch). SHREDDED MOZZARELLA
CHEESE: (Pasteurized part skim milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes). SHREDDED MOZZARELLA
CHEESE SUBSTITUTE: (Water, oil (soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil with citric acid), casein, milk protein concentrate, modified food starch, contains 2 percent or less of the following: sodium aluminum phosphate, salt, lactic acid, mozzarella cheese type flavor (cheese (milk, culture, rennet, salt), milk solids, disodium phosphate), disodium phosphate, sorbic acid, nutrient blend (magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin and vitamin B-12), vitamin A palmitate).

R

RachelBibleStudent

oh thank goodness...up until now i was so confused!

Dec 12, 2013
I'm not sure when it happened, but law at this point is trying to logically walk through a maze created by illogical minds. I'm afraid we're on the verge of "welp, gonna have to tear the damn thing down just to fix it."
Now Thomas....I like and agree with this assessment!

santuzza

Feb 12, 2013
I hate to admit this, but I live in NY. And yes, our lawmakers here are REALLY this ridiculous. They really do spend their valuable time on such nonsense. And yes, it IS (and always will be) about taxes.

This state is SO mismanaged, I can't even describe it. It is a nanny state, cubed. If I wasn't for my job, I'd move.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
??? what's the big deal?

here lemme help you guys out........

BLT SANDWICHED

1) take one slice of cheese pizza
2) fry up some bacon and place on top of the slice of cheese pizza
3) cut up some lettuce and place on top of the bacon
4) cut a tomato into thin slices and place two on top of the lettuce
5) take one slice of cheese pizza and place on top of the tomatoes cheese side down

BLT SANDWICHED!

PIZZA IS A SANDWICH when enjoyed PROPERLY!