please help me...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Krissy

I'm so sad tonight.. please pray my broken heart will be mended..

B

bullssoxfan23

Any reason ur sad?

K

Krissy

yes, I've had to cut ties with a beloved friend.. its heartbreaking

B

bullssoxfan23

Yes that is sad...funny, I find myself doing that a lot but I have an amazing best friend who is a christian...do u have any friends like that?

W

WorshippingGod

I have had the experience of cutting ties with family members due to the relationships being very toxic. And I have experienced very good and very close friends just up and walking away without saying a word, and I must say it hurts very badly. For me I think I could handle the loss better if they could just come out and be honest and explain why or even just say they no longer want to be my friends. To me I could handle that much better rather than them just walking away and ignoring me. In any case it is a very painful and heart wrenching thing to go through, so I feel your pain and know that I will be praying for you.

I like to have closure when it comes to things like this, but when that is not possible, then I always remind myself of something God showed me once. Just remember, He is in total control of everything, before anything happens to us, it has to go through Him first. What I have learned is, if someone walks away or a friendship ends, then God allowed that to happen for our good. He is watching over you and protecting you. There are sometimes reasons that are unknown to us as to "why", but all we can do is trust God and He will see us through. He has a good and perfect reason why friendships end, no matter how close they were. Just keep telling yourself that He sees the big picture and knows things we don't and He is protecting you. And as one friendship ends, be assured that God has an even better one waiting for you just around the corner.

God brings people into our lives, some for a "season", some for a "reason" and some for a "lifetime". Cherish each one as they come and allow your heart to let go when it is time too, so God can fill it with something even better. He will also heal all the pain and heartache you are feeling at this moment. I know, because I have experienced a lot in my life time in many different areas of life.

God will heal and mend your heart. Take the time to grieve over the loss, but don't stay in it for too long to where it will turn to self pity, just keep telling yourself, "God knows best and He has the best in store for me"! And remind yourself how much He cares and loves you...He is only looking out for you and wants only the best for you.

God bless you sister and please let us know what wonderful thing God does for you to bring you through this, so we can all join in praise and thanksgiving to Him.

God is with you and so are we....you are not going to go through this alone.

(((HUGS)))

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Huge hugs, praying for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

M

MrsMusic8810

I must agree with you there. I had friends, both believers and non-believers. Some were the best of friends. Supportive, helpful, and altogether just loving. While other were similar to that, but somehow we drifted apart. For no real reason, except maybe pride or whatever. Then there are friends I get along with well, but we have differences in viewpoints such as religion, hobbies, etc.

There is also a family member, or maybe members that I'm thinking of cutting ties with. The reason is because after all the times I prayed, treated them right according to God's word, they still act the same way and are not a positive being for my life. Not physically, emotionally, nor spiritually. I'm actually sad that it's come to this point. I mean, I love them.. in a certain way. By that I mean, I do not wish them ill-will and actually want to help them. But the point or lesson remains: "You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink the water." As earnestly as I try to help, my help can only be helpful if they physically accept it. All I can do really is pray for them, and separate myself from them so that my own spirituality, as well as my love and respect for them won't be anymore compromised as it already is.

I will pray also. It's painful losing people you love. But As I learned thru gospel plays of Tyler Perry: "People are a category of a tree. Some are branches; but be careful, some may let you think they are sturdy but they're not. Some are leaves, the blow this way, they blow another way. They only stay for a season to teach you something. A tree only needs a few roots to give it its nutrition and growth that it needs. If you find people that lift u up and help you, without needing to be seen, heard, or glorified for their own gain, then keep them."

W

WorshippingGod

MrsMusic8810, I will be praying for you as well. I know what you mean about family. I love mine and always will no matter how dysfunctional they may be, but there comes a time when you just have to let go and let God, and think about your own health. When any relationship becomes to the point where you can see it doing more harm than good to you, you need to let go. In my case I had to pray long and hard and I kept fighting against Gods advice to let them go. I have always tried to be a the peacemaker, but it came time where it was pulling me down and becoming harmful to me. Once a friend reminded me of the Scripture where God told them to shake the dust off their feet and not look back due to them not accepting the word, I knew and understood then that God was protecting me by telling me to let go and move on. I never stopped loving them and I continue to pray for them, but my life has been so much better without them being a part of it. And if they ever change their ways, my heart is always open to them.

(((HUGS))) to you too.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you Krissy and WorshippingGod for comfort and healing from our BEST friend...Jesus :)

S

shekaniah

Father bless her caring heart and fill her life with people who you want to surround her!
Be with the friend she had to cut ties with, may this friend find Jesus!
In Jesus Name, Amen