please pray for me i have problems

• Thread starter GodsavemeifyoureallyExist
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

i like evil things, i like creepy things, i like scary movies with lots of horror blood spill and killing, i like to see people getting stabbed and

getting attacked, i love things that can scare me, the movies saw and final destination are the best movies ive

ever watched, i think something is wrong with me i know im not suppose to like this stuff cause im trying to be a

Christan so please pray for me ask god not to be angry at me i don't want to got to hell i just wasn't born perfect and

the more i try not to like these things the more i like them i don't know how to stop myself from liking them my family and i have been

watching horror for years and we view horror movies on movie night every Friday i think ive seen it so much

that ive developed an obsession for it so please pray for me.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus for you to overcome this .

God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for you sis. The thing about changing and being perfect is that only God can make you perfect, all you have to do is choose to change, ask God to make you perfect and then let Him change you. Sometimes it may seem as if it is taking so long to change, but all you have to do is keep on reaching out to God for His will to be done in you. God bless

D

Daughter

Dear Godsafemylifeifyoureally exist

I recognise this problem just like many people on this website might do when they are really honest with themselves.
It indeed isn't normal but it's part of our fallen nature. The bible says that the human heart is wicked and corrupt. We don't even know half how wicked we really are.
I guess that's why they call Jesus' sacrifice the good news. It's not only a way to be forgiven, it's a way to be free from these things.
It is because of Him that we can be cleansed.

Recently I read a nice example.
We are like clay. When a potter tries to make a good pot he turns it around on a wheel.
But when something isn't shaped the way it should be shaped, there's no problem to the potter to break it and use the same clay again to make a new pot that is exactely the way this potter meant it to be.

The thing is, we're the clay, we can't change our nature. There must be a lot of people who run from place to place to chane themselves without the knowledge that they might not be able to change themselves, but that God is able to change our nature. And He is willing to do so too. All we need to do is ask and be willing to trust Him.

The very purpose of that cross Jesus sacrificed His life on, was to heal our nature.
From violent selfish barbarians to loving and caring children of God.

We might be tempted by the enemy to embrace the old self again, but when we run to the Father, we might see the truth and know that the enemy only speaks half truths or complete lies.

May God bless you and keep you. x

Sarah

S

shekaniah

You have been given good advice, I will pray too, God Bless

S

SpaceCowboy

You don't TRY to be a Christian. You are transformed through sincere repentance to God through faith in Christ. Don't tell us you don't want to like those things. Tell God you don't want it in your life and you repent of it.

Dec 9, 2011
if you still like those things,and a lot of christ followers do like those things,then there is deception there.
the devil likes bad things.
GOD likes good things.
if you like[enjoy] the things the devil likes then don't decieve yourself.you must be born again
Jesus told Nicodemus that which is flesh
is flesh.....and that which is spirit is spirit.

Romans 7:13Was then that which is good made DEATH unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working DEATH in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

C

cozmo65

It sounds like this behavior has been with you for a long time. I wouldn't expect that your life is going to suddenly change in one day. Being a Christian is life long but changing from this life into someone that God wants is going to take time. I suggest that you give this behavior to God and ask Him for strength to live for Him. You will fall short some days and some you will do better. God knows your heart and your intentions. He loves you and He will not leave you.

May God bless you with His Love, in Jesus' name amen.

Feb 9, 2012
God is loving and merciful and he cares about all of us. You want to change and you've asked for God's help. He will be beside you now, like He always has been, but maybe you'll find it easier to be guided by Him. Remember there is nothing that God cannot do. My prayers are with you. God bless.