Please Pray For Me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 20, 2011
While I do not believe in Jesus Chirst, I do believe in the power of prayer.

I am a reforming addict who would very much like as many people as possible praying for strength for me to stay clean, I am currently having trouble with marijuana, opiates (oxycodone) and cigarettes.

Please do not take me or this post (or any of my posts) as a joke, I am very serious about this and would like to stay clean. I believe that with the power of God and strong will power that it will be possible.

Dec 20, 2011
I would also like to add that you pray that I find a place to live as I am currently homeless and I am not allowed to stay at our local Rescue Mission, the only other shelter is a very dangerous place that I do not wish to stay at.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are in my daily prayers in Jesus .

God bless :)
pickles

J

Jeffrey2011

To Non Believer: Sound like you could use a twelve step program. There is plenty of fellowship there and no one will say you have to be Christian or any other religion. I personally have found Salvation through Christ, and guess what happened. The marijuana urge and desire disappeared, but as far as the physically addictive drugs go, rehab is usually easy to get into. You can probably get medicaid to pay for it, or find a free detox. Good luck buddy.:)

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I pray that that God gives you the direction you need and that He may set you free. God bless

W

woodl

While I do not believe in Jesus Chirst, I do believe in the power of prayer.

I am a reforming addict who would very much like as many people as possible praying for strength for me to stay clean, I am currently having trouble with marijuana, opiates (oxycodone) and cigarettes.

Please do not take me or this post (or any of my posts) as a joke, I am very serious about this and would like to stay clean. I believe that with the power of God and strong will power that it will be possible.
My friend you are so right, there is power in prayer and I pray that God will take away your addiction. I'm so sorry that you don't beleive in Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He's one hundred percent God and he's one hundred percent man. God left all the glory of heaven to walk on this earth to take on the sins of man because that is the only chance that man had and he nail them to the cross. There's power in prayer but there's unbeleiveable power in the blood of Jesus Christ and the only way to the Father is through the son. I pray that you'll find this power. God Bless

S

shekaniah

Agreeing in prayer, in Jesus name amen

S

shekaniah

'Amen' is a Hebrew word that means: 'Certainly', 'Let it be so', 'This is true'
Jesus often used 'Amen' at the start of what he had to say. It showed his special authority. Where the prophets would say, 'Thus says the Lord ... Amen', Jesus would say 'Truly, I say to you ...'.

A

Avidan

Praying in agreement with my brothers and sisters for you. I also pray that the Lord would take considerable notice of your plea to relive the desperation and that His hands would hold you together. I pray that He would reveal Himself to You and that your heart will be prepared for faith in Christ.

You can not stand upon yourself. None of us were able to overcome the addictions and hardships we have faced without God's Word.

I encourage you to Read the Gospel of John and to read the Psalms. Remember that your enemies are not people. That if you know God is real, then that means Satan is real too. Remember this when reading the Psalms, talking about your enemies.

You will not be able to overcome Satan continually relying upon your own will power without the Lord's Help and Word. Which is why you are asking for His help. You also will not be able to uphold the standard of perfection that God is calling you too, without someone to take your place, making the mark for you.

We never know when our soul will be required of us. If you do not stand on the Lord Jesus Christ as your righteousness, the fire will consume you. Today is the day of Salvation.

Pray this prayer:

God, I believe in You. I know that I am being drawn closer to You. If Jesus is real, I want to believe. But, Lord, help my unbelief... that is, help me to believe. I am taking a step of faith here today. Let me feel Your love and acceptance in my heart. Let me know that Jesus Christ is what I am looking for.

In a step of trust, I make Him my Lord and Savior today. I ask that my sin would be forgiven by His blood, that I would be washed, white as snow. That You would give me divine strength unto the battles that I face. That, in Christ, I will overcome impossible obstacles and enemies.

Today, I dismiss my own pride and trying to justify myself before You, in anyway. I claim Your Son, Jesus Christ, as my right standing with You. Seal me with Your Holy Spirit and perfect Love in my heart. Thank You for hearing me.

For it is written, the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness and by His stripes (the lashes he endured) I am healed. That You will uphold me by the right hand of Your righteousness and that nothing can separate me from Your Love.

By Your grace and mercy, allow me to grow and mature, bearing good fruit, a 100 fold. Let all of my enemies (google Eph 6:12) fall into their own traps.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

When you pray this prayer, respond with a post confessing Jesus Christ, the Son of God, as Your Lord and Savior. Your right standing with God.

I also encourage you to write out a short prayer for yourself and for the people in your life so all of us here can stand with you and present it before the Lord.

Much love to you brother,

Steven

Psa 18:1 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psa 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psa 23:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want [lack anything that I need].
Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6 Surely [of a surety] goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

J

jimsun

Hi Non-Believer;

Remember the Serenity Prayer & walk the path that lies before you one day at a time.
Slant chugat.

Dec 20, 2011
Honestly, If you all could pray more on the side of me finding a safe place to lay my head at night more than for me staying clean and sober, I would very much appreciate that, I've been sober for awhile now but of course I can use all the prayer I can get, but right now my housing situation is a MUCH more pressing matter.

Thank you all so much, I really do feel the love.

A

Avidan

God is Love :)

Heavenly Father,

I pray that You put everything in order to get this young man saved and in a good home! In Jesus Name, Amen.

Keep these in mind:

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Luk 18:10[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Luk 18:11[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]are,[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Luk 18:12[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Luk 18:13[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]his[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. [/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Luk 18:14[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]I tell you, this man went down to his house justified[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]rather[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, serif]than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Psa 31:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Psa 31:2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
Psa 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Psa 31:4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
Psa 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

[/FONT]

Much Love (Jesus) to you,

Steven

btw.... Jesus is real :)

oh ya... one more thing....

Jesus is real and He loves you.

Joh 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for a safe place for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

Dec 20, 2011
Thank you all SO much! I have found that there is an occupy movement where I live similar to the occupy wall street movement in new york. and I'm going to live there for as long as I can. Your prayers have helped me and I hope that my prayers for all of you will help you as well.