Please pray for my 14 year old son Elijah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2019
Traveller
Elijah has had a lot of hurt and problems. He has not been home since December and is on drugs. He has been thrown out of the house he was staying in. Please pray he will surrender to God and be kept safe. With sincere thanks.
I would say invite him back in, wash his sore feet, and endeavour to help him. Much more useful than hoping.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Butterflyyy you should have put your foot down and let him know that if he wants food, he is to return home, and stop being so unruly. You don't need to give him money.

Why would you take him at 1am to this girl's house? And what does her parents have to say about all this?
If I put my foot down he will get aggressive and stop coming to see me and be in more danger, he is a lot bigger than me aswell and I would be in danger handling the situation like that.
He returns home one day a week, does jobs for me and I give him food money. This is much better than him selling drugs and being at risk of getting stabbed by contaminated needles by crazy drug addicts. It is legally my responsibility to make sure he is provided for.
He stayed here late that night to see 2 of his siblings which was positive because not long ago he wouldn’t come anywhere near this house, in fact not long ago I didn’t know where he was and never heard from him and he was on the Police missing persons list.
He stays at the girl’s house every night and usually gets the bus there and back, but he missed the last bus; if I hadn’t taken him he likely would have smashed the house up and seen it as control. She doesn’t live with any parents, she is a child in care since age 8, and when she is 18 the State will provide her with a house; until then Elijah sleeps on her sister’s couch and she sleeps there aswell as in the supervised care house.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I would say invite him back in, wash his sore feet, and endeavour to help him. Much more useful than hoping.
I already did, but he refused to come back.
I do ‘wash his sore feet’ and endeavour to help him, but hope keeps me going when I feel I cannot go on anymore.

B

Blackpowderduelist

I left at 16 and pursued a life of debauchery, I came around so can he.