Please pray that I'm able to find a therpy group that can help me with my social anxi

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
ety.

topic. Yeah, basically I want to get my social anxiety fixed.

J

JesinFL

ety.

I'm praying for you.

Just don't ever feel like you're alone. Maybe everyone doesn't feel just like you, but we all have our struggles and need God to lift us up.

God bless you,
Jessica

Oct 23, 2009
ety.

Perhaps the mistake some people make, when they suffer from social anxiety, is to let themselves believe that the world is full of good people. Maybe that makes them feel inferior. Remember what Jesus said about that:

[17] And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him, and asked him, "Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
[18] And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone." Mark 10:17-18 RSV

None of us is good—we are all just trying to enjoy life. Some of us believe the best way to enjoy life is to obey the will of the Lord.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Re: Please pray that I'm able to find a therpy group that can help me with my social

praying you will find a wonderful group.
God bless, pickles

Apr 13, 2007
Re: Please pray that I'm able to find a therpy group that can help me with my social

Elijah: There ARE good people in the world, those who are true Christians, striving for a Christ-like, Christ-centered, and Christ-founded life are indeed good people. Those that diligently seek the Lord, humble down, show true reverence and humility for the Lord, and so on are good people. Why? Because the Lord dwells within them. The flesh, and us as humans can be rude, mean, disrespectful, show a lack of compassion, and the list is endless...HOWEVER, when we live how we should, and allow God to work, then we can be ''good people''. We just have to obey and surrender to His will. I suppose what I'm saying here, is that we may not be ''good'' ourselves, however the One that lives within us, is more than good, more than great,beyond what words can say. When He speaks, moves, and works, then good comes out from us, through Him. Our intentions are good, however, the flesh gets in the way....so we aren't exactly ''good'' but we most certainly aren't ''evil'' either. For we have turned away from being wicked doers, when we accepted Christ.

Dothackzero: You need to look to Jesus, I know you have faith, but it seems that your faith needs to be increased. I know a guy, who's 21 years old, your age...he suffers from all sorts of issues just like you do...the thing is, he doesn't take the first bit of medication. He relies on God and that's it, and he has no problems with it.Not saying you don't need your meds, but, the reason I told you this, is so you may have hope, and your faith be increased. I've seen so many post/threads by you, complaining about things, and the thing is, to recover, you must stop complaining, and be content with what you DO have in life.

I understand that you're concerned about things, however that's where the issue lies and starts. You worry so much about what if this, that, and the other thing happens, or something doesn't happen, and the list goes on...until that's the center of your issues. I KNOW what I'm talking about here, I've been there, done that, and beat it. I use to be on meds for things myself, but they make things worse most of the time. In fact, for proof, look at the advertisements on tv, read your label on your bottles, and the papers that come with them....it will tell you, ''not intended for persons under the age of(I forget the age)'' then it says, ''because this may raise the risk of suicidal thoughts'' and so on. Also, talk with your doctor about going to probiotics rather than antibiotics, because anti-depresents are antibiotics...the pro-biotics do exactly the same as antibiotics only they don't harm the body.

Lastly, get outside during the day, sleep at night, exercise, eat healthy, and much more. Spend time in God's word until HE says for you to stop. I know that's hard to start, BUT it's not that hard. You MUST put forth effort, you claim that you do, however you don't show it. I mean...if you did the suggested things, and you put forth effort, then you'd be doing better. Because it WILL work and help. There's no limit to God. Everything I've said, is said out of love, care, and concern as a sister in Christ.

Oct 23, 2009
Elijah: There ARE good people in the world, those who are true Christians, striving for a Christ-like, Christ-centered, and Christ-founded life are indeed good people. Those that diligently seek the Lord, humble down, show true reverence and humility for the Lord, and so on are good people. Why? Because the Lord dwells within them. The flesh, and us as humans can be rude, mean, disrespectful, show a lack of compassion, and the list is endless...HOWEVER, when we live how we should, and allow God to work, then we can be ''good people''. We just have to obey and surrender to His will. I suppose what I'm saying here, is that we may not be ''good'' ourselves, however the One that lives within us, is more than good, more than great,beyond what words can say. When He speaks, moves, and works, then good comes out from us, through Him. Our intentions are good, however, the flesh gets in the way....so we aren't exactly ''good'' but we most certainly aren't ''evil'' either. For we have turned away from being wicked doers, when we accepted Christ.
I think Jesus was right when he said that “no one is good but God alone.” People seem good because they do the Lord’s will, but the reason they do the Lord’s will is because they’ve learned that that is the only way to be happy, I believe.

Apr 13, 2007

Which is why I put in "because the Lord dwells within them''. We ourselves aren't good, but we're made ''good'' Holy, righteous, etc. to an extent, as far as we can be while on earth and in the physical body once we accept Christ :).