Please put the big G & J back in God & Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2007
People... in reading the threads I've found something that really really bugs me. God is GOD not god and Jesus Is Jesus not jesus. Dont ask me why by when reading the posts if the name of God is not capitalized it is usually in reference to gods who are not God Almighty. Do you understand what I'm saying? So if you in a post are referring to Jesus with out a capital, I'm inclinded that you either dont hold him as Lord or you are just too lazy to be bothered hitting the shift key to capitalize his name. Personally I think there should be a capitalized super font every time we write God and Jesus... Call me nit pickie but please just take and extra 2 seconds to make the name of God a name and not just type god like if you were referring to a false god.

Thank you & God Bless.

S

Slepsog4

I can appreciate that. Most people would never be so casual with the spelling of their own names.

M

Melleah

Thank you. I have noticed this as well, and it bugs me too.

L

Leilaii425

I Never Spell Anything With Capitol Letters

W

worldlover

great suggestion!i'll do that from now on!:]

G

Graybeard

GREAT!!!..I thought I was the only one that this "bad habit" was bugging. Those who do it just think about it for a while, if you really revered The Name of Jesus you would think twice. He is our God, He is the Bright and Morning Star, He is Lord of lords, He is God of gods, He is the Alpha and Omega, He is the Beginning and the End, He is the First and the Last....He is our Saviour!

I

islandgirl

GREAT!!!..I thought I was the only one that this "bad habit" was bugging. Those who do it just think about it for a while, if you really revered The Name of Jesus you would think twice. He is our God, He is the Bright and Morning Star, He is Lord of lords, He is God of gods, He is the Alpha and Omega, He is the Beginning and the End, He is the First and the Last....He is our Saviour!

That is so true. I just don't understand how come people don't mind writing the name of Jesus in small caps, or God, unless they mean false gods. To me, these names are just too sacred not to treat them with respect.

May 21, 2009
Thank you it aways bothered me too. He's God!!

Feb 27, 2007
Good grief, I just re-read my post... could anyone even understand what I was saying... eieiei. I meant to write I'm inclined to think... I apologise for all the spelling errors that probably irritate others in here as much as the capital issue gets on my last nerve. LOL! Perhaps posts should be previewed by me prior to posting... hmmmm... or perhaps & more likely, someone hacked into my post & mis-spelled some words to make me look bad... yup its a conspiracy cause there is no way my spelling is that bad. Now is apologize with a s or a z??

Status
Not open for further replies.