Please show me the way

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MattM

Hello i have a quick question if anyone can please enlighten me.
Id like to know if the KJV of The Bible published by the church of latterday saints
is identical to one published by other christian churches
i wonder if its possible they altered their version at all
so as to support Mormon doctrine.

Thank you for any answers, I also apoligize if anyone finds my question offensive i have only just begun searching for the truth. A group of Mormon elders came to my door and have been visiting over the past few weeks and have sparked my interest in getting to know the Lord, however im skeptical of some of the churches teachings. I havent been to church yet but id like to pick one that follows the Holy Bible.

Oct 1, 2009
Well the KJV is pretty good, although it is very likely they altered it to suit their doctrine. So look for a neutral KJV if you don't mind the old English.

May 21, 2009
Stay away from the mormons. They are a cult. They do not follow Jesus Christ. They are lost and need prayers.

Jan 8, 2009
Buying a KJV at your local book store or news agent should be safe. Check the publisher to know for sure.

S

sunshine_debbie

Wow, when I read the title of your post I imagined something totally different. I am always asking Lord, please show me the way. show me what you want me to do, show me where to go, what to do, where to be, for you. Show me what you want.

Debbie

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Hello i have a quick question if anyone can please enlighten me.
Id like to know if the KJV of The Bible published by the church of latterday saints
is identical to one published by other christian churches
i wonder if its possible they altered their version at all
so as to support Mormon doctrine.

Thank you for any answers, I also apoligize if anyone finds my question offensive i have only just begun searching for the truth. A group of Mormon elders came to my door and have been visiting over the past few weeks and have sparked my interest in getting to know the Lord, however im skeptical of some of the churches teachings. I havent been to church yet but id like to pick one that follows the Holy Bible.
The version published by the church of the latter day saints is subtly changed from the authorized version. The main differences are changes in wording to reflect their belief that Jesus is an angel and not the Son of God.

M

MaggieMye

If your KJ

L

lighthousejohn

The version published by the church of the latter day saints is subtly changed from the authorized version. The main differences are changes in wording to reflect their belief that Jesus is an angel and not the Son of God.
They have also inserted words like "if" into a sentence to chang the meaning of the sentence. The changes are very subtle but once found they are impactive on the message. Avoid it like the plague.

In Christ,
John

M

MaggieMye

If your KJV was published by Zondorvan, or any other reputable publisher (any Christian bookstore can tell who the good ones are) it has not been tampered with. The Mormons use the KJV, as it is, sparingly...and only out of context to support their erroneous doctrines. Their book of choice, over and above the Bible is the "Doctrines and Covenants", " The Book of Mormon", the "Pearl of Great Price", and "Jesus the Christ: Talmage". Both the D & C book and the Book of Mormon have gone through over 3000 (yes, three THOUSAND) changes since is was supposedly given to Joseph Smith by the angel, "Moroni". This goes against Gods word:
1 Timothy 4:1 [ Apostasy ] "But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons," which is what 'moroni' was because he brought a doctrine that was contrary to the written word of God. The Mormon teachings negate the power of the God of the Bible saying, in a nutshell, He screwed up with the first written work (the Bible) and so now He's giving this one. That negates His omnipotence, His righteousness, His very being because He is a God of TRUTH.
Likewise, I'm sure the other two books have also undergone many changes. If you can get a copy of the D & C or the B of M, in their original forms, you can see the very gross gramatical errors throughout the texts. God is a God of perfection and His written word, regardless of the translation, has always been gramatically correct. And then, of course, the Mormons claim that Jesus Christ is the spirit brother of satan, and therefore a created being as opposed to the God incarnate, Emmauel. They also claim that Jesus Christ walked the land of the United States and despite the FACT that there is not one shred of evidence to support their claim, sadly many people are still caught in that web of deception....most likely because they put on such a good 'family oriented' front. Mormon women are abused (behind closed doors) at a higher rate than our national average.

And there is so much more.
Stay away. No Christian should even attempt to witness to a mormon unless they KNOW the word of God very well and have been proven mature in their understanding of God's written word. Otherwise, they will be easily deceived and trapped.
Maggie

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
They have also inserted words like "if" into a sentence to chang the meaning of the sentence. The changes are very subtle but once found they are impactive on the message. Avoid it like the plague.

In Christ,
John
Amen, it is changed to make it a lie.

Blessing brother,
vic