Please!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Meridoc

There are those on here who use scripture well, but they are the minority. Please stop using bible verses out of context! This is false teaching! I can take a verse or part of a verse to prove almost anything if I want, doesn't mean I should or that its truth. Satan did this himself. How do you think cults start? I have had so many debates on here where I have to point out to the person I am discussing with that the verse they are trying to use to prove their point, doesn't mean what they are trying to make it mean in the context of the passage it is from. I have even had people try and quote me three words from a verse which in even the context of the whole verse didn't mean what they were trying to make it mean. Stop trying to add meaning to a book that was inspired by a Great and Perfect God, you (and I) are not good enough to even consider doing that.

Please!

Dec 19, 2009
There are those on here who use scripture well, but they are the minority. Please stop using bible verses out of context! This is false teaching! I can take a verse or part of a verse to prove almost anything if I want, doesn't mean I should or that its truth. Satan did this himself. How do you think cults start? I have had so many debates on here where I have to point out to the person I am discussing with that the verse they are trying to use to prove their point, doesn't mean what they are trying to make it mean in the context of the passage it is from. I have even had people try and quote me three words from a verse which in even the context of the whole verse didn't mean what they were trying to make it mean. Stop trying to add meaning to a book that was inspired by a Great and Perfect God, you (and I) are not good enough to even consider doing that.

Please!
And the flip side to what I suspect is driving this post is that some of the plainest and most categoric statements in the Bible are beiong ignored or added to on certain issues, I could plead that would also stop

M

Meridoc

And the flip side to what I suspect is driving this post is that some of the plainest and most categoric statements in the Bible are beiong ignored or added to on certain issues, I could plead that would also stop
What?!? Verses are in a context for a reason, even if you are using them to prove a known truth, they should still be used only in the context that God Himself put them in.

Dec 19, 2009
What?!? Verses are in a context for a reason, even if you are using them to prove a known truth, they should still be used only in the context that God Himself put them in.
Yes, yes, you and the people who agree with you have an understanding of the truth and those who disagree with you do not. I understand.

So tell me. Where does someone get there spiritual authority from to demand what Christ did lot demand concerning how a person must see him to have eternal life.

No need for context there is there.

Christ was absolutely clear as to the reqirement of how a person must see him to have eternal life, but you I doubt accept it.
And there are no scripture that plainmly says differently

Unless you can produce one single scripture that states

Unless you believe that I am God Himself you can have no eternal life

So why are you complaining concerning others?

M

Meridoc

Yes, yes, you and the people who agree with you have an understanding of the truth and those who disagree with you do not. I understand.

So tell me. Where does someone get there spiritual authority from to demand what Christ did lot demand concerning how a person must see him to have eternal life.

No need for context there is there.

Christ was absolutely clear as to the reqirement of how a person must see him to have eternal life, but you I doubt accept it.
And there are no scripture that plainmly says differently

Unless you can produce one single scripture that states

Unless you believe that I am God Himself you can have no eternal life

So why are you complaining concerning others?
Um right and I am the one thats trying to force everyone to believe what I do. . .I never said anything like that, you definitely like twisting peoples words though, all I ever did is point out the verses you were trying to use did not mean what you were trying to make them mean by not including the context.

Dec 19, 2009
Um right and I am the one thats trying to force everyone to believe what I do. . .I never said anything like that, you definitely like twisting peoples words though, all I ever did is point out the verses you were trying to use did not mean what you were trying to make them mean by not including the context.
Well that is your opinion of course, I am entitled to mine

M

Meridoc

Well that is your opinion of course, I am entitled to mine
That is true you are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone. But if you can't listen to someone elses reasoning then aren't you really here just to stir up trouble? at every step I contextualized your choice in verses adding nothing to what was already there and you turned around and twisted my words claiming I said something I didn't and when the context obviously showed that something didn't mean what you thought it meant, you then went to another verse or part of a verse, again taking it out of context. All I am asking is look at the whole passage, rather than picking out bits and pieces that fit your side. If your side is correct the text in context of the whole will support you. If you can't find a whole passage that supports you then you should question what you think, I do that all the time. I have had many ideas that I thought were true and even was told were true growing up, that under more rigorous scrutiny and debates with others, some even here on CC, were found to not stand up to what God says in his word. To assume you know all the answers and thus the bible must support you and is used as such is a affront to God.