Poinsettias

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

wingsofwind

I had a poinsettia given to me after Christmas this last year. It has done great till I put it outside. After the first rain it started wilting. I brought it in the house and put it in the window. The soil is now dry, however, the plant is still wilted and the stocks are alittle mushy. It has now been about 1 1/2 weeks and it is still this way. Is it too far gone? Is there anything I can do or does it have to go through a prosess? I really would like to be able to keep it. This is my first Poinsettia.

Wingsofwind​

N

nanabean

Hi wingsofwind.....first off just let me say I am NOT a flower/gardening expert!!! But the little I have heard about poinsettias is that they actually like dark places...or at least for certain times. Maybe look them up on the internet?? All I know is that my mom would say that if it is still green (or not brown!! hhaahaha)..there is still hope!!!!

D

Dread_Zeppelin

pointsettias are not meant for extreme temperatures or direct sunlight. They thrive best near a light source but not directly in it (this is why it's typically a winter plant). You should keep your soil moist but not soaking- you should water it every other day or three days depending on how much soil you have.

I can't tell you if your plant is too far gone, but if you are determained to bring it back to life keep watering it and put it inside, maybe some plant food.