Political Rhetoric

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you believe 911 was a staged event by our government?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I stated in another thread that I am a flat earther. I do not believe the earth is flat or spherical, but I like the idea of a flat earth better. I won't know until I gather evidence of my own, but I don't really care one way or the other. Next time I go to Chicago I hope to do a simple experiment to prove which is true, but I'm not really going to go out of my way. Why are you so unwelcoming? I'm sure you know the definition of conspiracy. Our government is evil and conspires to do evil always. All of them do. So unfortunately I can't take the love it or leave it advice because there is nowhere to go that doesn't conspire to do evil. Global conspiracy is real.
I'm evil and do evil things. Why would I expect the government to he better?

Oct 16, 2015
I stated in another thread that I am a flat earther. I do not believe the earth is flat or spherical, but I like the idea of a flat earth better.

So you're a flat earther who does not believe in a flat earth. Are you also a Christian who does not believe Christ died for your sins?

Why are you so unwelcoming?

I have a theory that many people who come to this site are not Christians and are here simply to be disruptive and bait members into following after false theories that can only distract them from living normal lives. So I test them as I would test any spirit, and most often they end up leaving this site on their own or by being banned. Research posted several pages back on this site shows that they are very disturbed people who need psychiatric help, not encouragement from other disturbed people. You will last longer and be much more fruitful if you walk away from this particular forum and not post up theories you yourself say have no supporting evidence. It is harmful to others who tend to believe those theories despite the lack of evidence. What they have in common with you is a great hatred and mistrust of our government.

I'm sure you know the definition of conspiracy.

I'm sure you know the difference between a textbook definition of conspiracy, like the one law enforcement uses, and the conspiracies theories being posted online that go well beyond bizarre.

Our government is evil and conspires to do evil always. All of them do.

This seems to be the affliction of conspiracy theorists. They don't simply dislike the government and believe they occasionally do things that are harmful. They believe strongly that our government is evil and conspires to do evil ALWAYS.

Global conspiracy is real.

I suppose by your definition, if some city council member has a meeting with a couple other city council members and they decide to plant flowers in the town square, that would meet the definition of conspiracy. Therefore, you can continue believing that global conspiracies are real and that planting flowers in town squares is evil. Sadly, it only makes you look foolish.[/QUOTE]

I can see you are firmly planting yourself into the conspiracy forum and are here to stay and make your mark and try to drag as many down with you. Just don't expect all of us to let you do it without some push back. Keep your options open. There are plenty of other online forums where there is no push back and all kooks are welcome.

SCHISM

Aug 2, 2016
Sinnerman, I'm sorry that we do not see eye to eye on the topic of conspiracy. I mean you no offense personally, but I will share my ideas of conspiracy freely, not to drag people down but to warn them of the real existence of evil. I am Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ, that he came in the flesh, and that he died for our sins. I took offense being called a kook, but you have forgiveness. God bless us all.

As for Isaiah 40:22, the word used in KJV is "circle." This is copy/paste from blueletterbible
[TABLE="width: 606"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
חוּג chûwg, khoog; from H2328; a circle:—circle, circuit, compass.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon [?]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

It could mean circle or sphere, so I'm still unconvinced. The earth could be spherical shaped or flat-disc shaped or any other shape, and it would not change my belief in Jesus Christ. If we could prove, however, that the earth is not a sphere, then we could ask ourselves why they felt it pertinent to convince everyone that it was. If there is a term besides "flat earther," which means that one questions the generally accepted shape of the earth to be spherical, then I should have called myself that instead. I love you guys.

J

jaybird88

Sinnerman, I'm sorry that we do not see eye to eye on the topic of conspiracy. I mean you no offense personally, but I will share my ideas of conspiracy freely, not to drag people down but to warn them of the real existence of evil. I am Christian. I believe in Jesus Christ, that he came in the flesh, and that he died for our sins. I took offense being called a kook, but you have forgiveness. God bless us all.

As for Isaiah 40:22, the word used in KJV is "circle." This is copy/paste from blueletterbible
[TABLE="width: 606"]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
חוּג chûwg, khoog; from H2328; a circle:—circle, circuit, compass.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon [?]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

It could mean circle or sphere, so I'm still unconvinced. The earth could be spherical shaped or flat-disc shaped or any other shape, and it would not change my belief in Jesus Christ. If we could prove, however, that the earth is not a sphere, then we could ask ourselves why they felt it pertinent to convince everyone that it was. If there is a term besides "flat earther," which means that one questions the generally accepted shape of the earth to be spherical, then I should have called myself that instead. I love you guys.
im not a flat earther but im pretty sure the bible makes no mention of a sphere. the Isiah passage says circle.

i read years ago that back in the middle ages some churches taught a flat earth and would quote another Isaiah passage "the four corners of the earth" to prove their argument but the passage was mis quoted from "four wings".

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Hello all
when folks try to use the Bible (God's sacred word the scriptures ) in ways not intended. I always think of a quote.
from Galileo

"The Bible shows the way to go to heaven, not the way the heavens go. "
Galileo Galilei

Not to say science and the Bible are incompatible, just that the scriptures are not intended for use as a science book. It's kind of like using a screwdriver to pound a nail.
Blessings.
Bill

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Not to say science and the Bible are incompatible, just that the scriptures are not intended for use as a science book. It's kind of like using a screwdriver to pound a nail.
Blessings.
Bill
You right about that.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

However, science is the discipline of seeking, identifying and verifying the fundamental principles laid from the foundation of the universe whereby man can grown in the knowledge and wisdom of the known and observed universe, thus in the beginning the LORD created the heaven and the earth have you considered what principle is being conveyed in the following NT passage:

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

So if you walk by faith and not by sight then where would you cast your mites in the following passage:
For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. Ecclesiastes 9:4
I said wherever the old lady wants but not sure if that's acceptance answer.